Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

XDS .45 jamming problems

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by duncan, Apr 10, 2016.

1. duncan

duncan Salem,Or Member

I have an xds .45 which has been through the recall process. When I first acquired it I noticed problems with racking certain hollow point rounds through it. I had no problem on the range with target 185 gr ammo. I tried some 230 ball ammo and gun jammed. So now I have a handgun jammed with a live round in or partially in the chamber and the gun is locked up solid. Sounds pretty stupid right?

Any thoughts on how to deal with this? How to unjam it without a discharge? Never had a problem like this with my Sig.

Your helpful suggestions will be appreciated.

TIA

2. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Hi Duncan
    a picture of your jammed gun would help.
    XDS Recall information
    Calling Springfield for advice would be my first step 1-800-680-6866.
    Taking your gun to a Gunsmith is another option.
    As the recall was because some guns unexpectedly fired, I would work on it with the muzzle pointed into a bucket filled with dirt or sand.

Dyjital likes this.
  3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Yeah, a photo of the gun while in the state you mentioned would help. "Jammed" can mean so many different things.

4. duncan

duncan Salem,Or Member

I found a YouTube video of a guy's method of dealing with a similar jam. I am going to try this and will be using some safeguards mentioned above. Will report back. Thanks for the suggestions.

5. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I had a similar issue with a post recall XDS. I had to drop the mag and then forcefully rack the slide. It only happened a couple times and seemed to be specific ammo related. Be careful and keep it pointed in a safe direction....

6. duncan

duncan Salem,Or Member

The Video I found show a person forcing the slide back, as you said, using a soft piece of wood locked against the rear sight. I cannot force it at all now. I am going yo give this technique a try.

Also found this link: http://xd-hs2000.com/xd-hs2000/Removing_a_Stuck_Round.html

Thanks

7. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had a problem, Forgot what ammo now but I switched ammo and cleaned the gun and never had the problem again.