JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Heard the latest XDm family member was released. I have the XD .45 service model and now need to get his younger brother. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of general pricing and specs (capacity, color options, etc). I havn't been able to find much info on it other than its a 4.5 inch barrel. Any info or enthusiastic comments would be appreciated. Happy Hunting. :s0155:

I'm sorry but I don't understand what the difference is between a XD and XDm are.

I've searched, searched, looked at websites... but only see things like grip and slide checkering.

Other than the outer obvious differences, most of the real differences are on the inside. The XDm's tend to have a higher ammo capacity, match grade barrels, different trigger parts for a shorter trigger pull and return, the hand grip backstraps are interchangeable to accomidate different hand sizes. I'm sure there is more but these are just some basic differences.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what the difference is between a XD and XDm are.

I've searched, searched, looked at websites... but only see things like grip and slide checkering.

I believe the interchangeable grip backstraps are one of the changes. The short return trigger may be another. It seems to be small things.

Gotcha.
So would "m" stand for similar to "Match Grade"
since the trigger pull, barrel, capacity etc...

Sorry to hijack but I've always wondered.
I mean I looked at the brochure for the XDm's and saw the .45acp held a heck of a lot of rounds..

From my read:
- More beveled slide for a nicer fit
- Nice standard sights
- Better trigger with a shorter reset (my biggest complaint of the regular XDs)
- Interchangable backstraps
- Smaller diameter grip
- Uses the same XD45 mags (i.e. same 13+1 capacity)
- Tighter barrel/slide fit
- Different checkering/texturing
- Shorter barrel
- Additional cuts for accessory rail.

Note that the above poster is wrong about having a "switch safety". It does not. The usual trigger and grip safeties only (plus other internals).

Oh, I see I was wrong, I did not know the redundant thumb safety was optional.

this makes me much more excited about the xdm 45acp, as long as I can find one without the redundant safety.

M = modern.

I have a few on order, but they haven't shipped yet They are supposed to ship this week or next, but who knows if they actually will.

There is a limited number coming out. i was only allowed to order 2. Price is going to be around the $620 - $635 mark.

The distributors dont know when they will get the shipment, or when future shipments will be in.

Heard the latest XDm family member was released. I have the XD .45 service model and now need to get his younger brother. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of general pricing and specs (capacity, color options, etc). I havn't been able to find much info on it other than its a 4.5 inch barrel. Any info or enthusiastic comments would be appreciated. Happy Hunting. :s0155:

Dammit!!! I bought an HK45 because I didn't think they would ever make an XDm in .45acp!!! Now I have a gun I love, but spent probably $400 more than I had to. Might have to start saving for one, can't have too many reliable .45's I guess.:)

Well, here you go:

$639.95 here in Spokane. The gun store I work at only has one, and its a rental. There have only been a handful shipped yet, but soon they will be coming in greater quantity.

(it shoots great by the way, I like it).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top