XD or FNS

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by tacticalgunner, Mar 17, 2013.

1. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner
    Wilsonville
    The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

So I need some help, i have a XD9, like the gun, don't love it. I do have a FNX9 also. I love that gun, not the safety and the decocker but whatever. I do like the FNS. Would you sell the XD and get an FNS, or keep the XD.
    Kinda torn on what to do. I know the best answer is keep the XD, add the FNS. Perfect world, if I had the disposable cash right now I would.

2. ripcity

ripcity
    Milwaukie

If you like the XD, and you will still shoot it even if you get the FNS, then I would keep it. If it's just going to sit there then get rid of it. I usually vote to keep them.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. jake_16_1999

jake_16_1999
    Forest Grove, Oregon

I think he owns both. Just find which one you like and shoot best, you're the only one who can decide that.

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim
    Salmon,Idaho
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

If the trigger is better on the FNS then go for it. I didn't really like the trigger on my FNX,so it became a G19.
    I'm probably one of the only people without XD shooting time.Well one XDM 45 at the rental range and it shot great.But not really enough to make a judgement.

5. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner
    Wilsonville

Yeah, here is my issue, you can't test shoot crap around here. I like my XD, but I don't feel like its extremely accurate. I can shoot the same course of fire with my M&P and my FNX and i have tight grouping. Put the XD in the game, all over the place. I know its most in likely me but hey, just putting 2 and 2 together. I love my FNX, and I love the feel of a FNS. So what would be going price of a XD9/3 mags/serpa holster. original paper work and all?

6. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner
    Wilsonville

I don't own both, I own in the 9mm market, a FNH FNX, M&P and a XD. Wanting to possibly get ride of the XD

7. omenwolf

omenwolf
    Oregon

I have an FNX 40 and the trigger is pretty good, especially in SA. DA leaves a lot to be desired though. If you have an XD the Striker fired SA trigger is pretty good and with a little polishing can be really nice. I shot an FNS a while back and the trigger on that thing is HORRID!!!! Heavy, gritty, and not a clean breaking trigger. I'd pass on the FNS if it was me.

8. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner
    Wilsonville

So I sold the XD, bought the FNS cause it looks really cool and some great reviews from gun mags.
    Omen, your most in likely right, tell you tomorrow afternoon!