JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
when did you get out? I have a buddy that was with the 75th Rangers. He was in a helicopter accident almost two years ago. I think he has been in 8 years now, he is still part of the regiment. He was on his 3rd deployment to Afghanistan and he was in Iraq in the initial invasion. He's a hero!!!

I was in awhile ago, like back when in the original Desert Shield. I was in from 1990 till 97. My old battalion CO's and brigade CO's are all 3-4 star generals now. I remember when Petraeus was a lowly full bird. That was back when the old Chief of Staff Shelton was the 82nd Div Cmdr. I actually have a letter of recommendation from Shelton which surprised me since I nearly took him down in his own HQ running to get alert orders. I rounded a corner in Div HQ and ran smack dab into a wall of camo (Hugh is like 6'5" and I'm only 5'6"). At least he laughed about it since he knew why a bunch of us were there scrambling to get our depolyment/movement orders for our DRF battalions.

Hey everyone just seeing if there are any new prospects to join up and reenact and discuss WW2 history. Our group will be at Camp Whitycombe in Portland for Armed Forces Day (May 16) so come on out and see our display and chat it up with us. You might even meet a vet....:s0160:

Interesting seeing the mention of the 82nd Airborne... my Uncle was in that unit during WW 11. He jumped at North Africa, Anzio, and Normandy on D-day. He got his ride across the Channel in one of the towed gliders, and jumped in the early morning dark. That time he got caught up in a tree, noticed by some German troops and shot at. I think that's the time he got the hole busted in the top of his head. That ended the war for him.... they put a steel plate in there to protect his brains, he was in rehab for quite a while, but seemed mostly OK when I was a kid. He did walk with a bit of a limp and a funny gait, Mom said that was from some shrapnel he took in one knee, I think in North Africa..... I asked him once if he'd tell me about the war. He looked at me sternly and said ".. there are just some things a man won't talk about". Last I ever got on that. Mom was the main source of info on Uncle.... he was a favorite of hers, being her Big Brother and all.....

I might be interested in some WW11 reenactment/history sorts of times, but not for a while... I've got some things I'm dealing with that demand a large percentage of the time and energy I've got available for now. Maybe later on.... I'd LOVE to get an M1 Garand (something I'd like to have anyway....) and do some messing about with others. Doing some video work, story telling, and the like, would also be great.....

Never handled the Garand, but in ROTC in college we drilled with the old .30-06 Springfield bolt action rifles. Had to learn how to take down, clean, and rebuild them. I already know how to march in formation, all sorts of drill work (I'd TAUGHT drill in the Sea Scouts....) and so joined the Drill Team.. that got me out of "learning" drill with the newbies, we were always off doing our own thing rather than suffering through drill on the grinder. Ugh!!!! Did some out of area drill team competitions, too.. yay, more excuses for fun rather than boredom. It worked......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top