JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some really cool photos, thanks for posting.

Alright, gun question. Several russian soldiers in photo 26 are carrying PPSh-41s. I think I see two others with 91-30s. But what's the big guy in the middle got over his shoulder?

I believe that may be a "Degtyaryov Machine Gun" Known as "DP" Light machine gun, 7.62X54mmR

With the Magazine removed. the mag was a round flat Plate like Mag that mounted on top of the reciever

I remember talking with my First Sergeant one day in Afghanistan while he showed us a DP that he had acquired somehow. The magazines were littered around this dump outside our base.

I took leave in Europe and went to Berlin. The German Parliament building (Reichstag) and Brandenburg gate still shows the scars of the war. Lots of pockmarks from bullets and shrapnel that they didn't bother to fix.

Brandenburggate.jpg Reichstag.jpg Reichstagbattlescars.jpg

I remember talking with my First Sergeant one day in Afghanistan while he showed us a DP that he had acquired somehow. The magazines were littered around this dump outside our base.

I took leave in Europe and went to Berlin. The German Parliament building (Reichstag) and Brandenburg gate still shows the scars of the war. Lots of pockmarks from bullets and shrapnel that they didn't bother to fix.

That's insane. It would be cool to go around Europe someday.

Brandenburggate.jpg Reichstag.jpg Reichstagbattlescars.jpg

Those of us that have had the luxury of serving in Europe have seen many of these places first hand, and the history involved in tremendous.

97th General Hospital in Frankfurt still had a few swastika eagles on it last time I was there (1980). In parts of Belgium you can still see burned out tanks from the Battle of the Bulge.

I had the opportunity to march in a parade in France (Avranches) for their 30th anniversary of the liberation (yes, I am that old). Being in Normandy was a very sobering experience - one gentleman in his 50s brought his young grandson over to meet an "American soldier," with tears streaming down his face, recalling the horrors of WWII...one of the most wonderful experiences of my life, understanding what it meant to others when I wore a uniform.

Ghosts of History
This is a lady photographer in the Netherlands that is taking pictures from WW2 and merging them with current pictures of the same location. Meant to be and is a nice tribute to our troops. She also has a facebook page

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top