JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
The crown jewel of my ww2 firearms is going up for sale or trade.I think you will be hard pressed to find a p38 in this shape with documentation
I received this pistol and the man who retrieved it from the battlefield had one hell of a story.
The gentleman's name was Earl M Blodgett.He was born in 1914.He lived in Los Angeles, California.
After one year of high school he was married.On 11 January 1943 he went in to the army as part of a quartermaster detachment.
This Spreewerks walther p38 was in the hand of a german officer who was standing in defiance as an explosive device ( didn't seem to remember what device )
detonated,and the resulting shrapnel annihilated the Nazi officer.The pistol was still in his hand when Earl took it from him and two drops of blood were on the right side of the slide that Earl never cleaned off.( two spots can be seen in the bluing)He took the man's sword as well but lost it after returning home in 1946.
As a result of the shrapnel,the trigger guard and trigger were damaged slightly.
This is one of the nicest WW2 Walther P-38's you will ever see.It is a Spreewerks GmBh pistol and has Black Bakelite Grips and the magazine that was in the pistol.
900.00 obo or trade Now 750.00 cash firm or trade/part trade
Feel free to make offers of cash and/or trade,part trade
I hope that this will be the crown jewel of your military collection as well and that you will give it a good home.
I am going in a different direction with my collection
And yes the serial number of the weapon is on the capture paper.cyq spreewerk marked.4 digit serial with no letter prefix

photo (4).JPG

photo (3).JPG

That's amazing and to be aboe to keep that history and "prize" alive and the memory of that soldier is just epic.

Reminds of the WW2 vet from chicago that shot a burglar with his german luger, didn't face charges for the shootig but according to chicago gun grabbers having a handgun was illegal and they took it from him. Damn sad.
I really wish i had the cash just for the story alone

The crown jewel of my ww2 firearms is going up for sale or trade.I think you will be hard pressed to find a p38 in this shape with documentation
I received this pistol and the man who retrieved it from the battlefield had one hell of a story.
The gentleman's name was Earl M Blodgett.He was born in 1914.He lived in Los Angeles, California.
After one year of high school he was married.On 11 January 1943 he went in to the army as part of a quartermaster detachment.
This Spreewerks walther p38 was in the hand of a german officer who was standing in defiance as an explosive device ( didn't seem to remember what device )
detonated,and the resulting shrapnel annihilated the Nazi officer.The pistol was still in his hand when Earl took it from him and two drops of blood were on the right side of the slide that Earl never cleaned off.( two spots can be seen in the bluing)He took the man's sword as well but lost it after returning home in 1946.
As a result of the shrapnel,the trigger guard and trigger were damaged slightly.
This is one of the nicest WW2 Walther P-38's you will ever see.It is a Spreewerks GmBh pistol and has Black Bakelite Grips and the magazine that was in the pistol.
I hope that this will be the crown jewel of your military collection as well and that you will give it a good home.
And yes the serial number of the weapon is on the capture paper.cyq spreewerk marked.4 digit serial with no letter prefix

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.