JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't want to buy but wouldn't let me prefix Trade; MY 6" drop hitch for your 4" drop hitch good condition, 1" hole, looks similar to this: hitch.PNG Downsized my truck.:(

I just did the same Downsize of pickup truck and my new little truck is 2 feet lower than my old one. The big truck had a hitch that raised the ball up 6 inches so I was way way too low with the new little truck. about 3 feet too low actually. The best setup is a 5t wheel gooseneck but I just could not afford another big Dodge Diesel truck so, it is what it is.

Have only towed my boat a few miles to launch spring & fall. If I was towing anything on a regular basis this would not work well.

Another problem that I never saw coming was that my new little truck has a Backup Camera. While it does come in handy for hooking up the trailer, it constantly beeps from the trailer hitch being in its view. Other than that those cameras are pretty much useless. I never use them and just look out the windows and mirrors as you are supposed to do.

Hooked up my boat with its 2 5/16" ball and discovered that it was just was not going to work.
I turned the hitch upside down and gained 6 inches in height. Now the boat trailer is almost level, its still sloped forward & I can not leave it parked on a level surface or it will accumulate thousands of pounds of water in the bow when it rains but its better.
Put the ball on top.
They are just as strong either way.

Last Edited:
I just did the same Downsize of pickup truck and my new little truck is 2 feet lower than my old one.
Hooked up my boat with its 2 5/16" ball and discovered that it was just was not going to work.
I turned the hitch upside down and gained 6 inches in height. Now the boat trailer is almost level, its still sloped forward & I can not leave it parked on a level surface or it will accumulate thousands of pounds of water in the bow when it rains but its better.
Put the ball on top. They are just as strong either way.
Thank you kindly but, unfortunately, that would make it 12 inches higher, I only want to raise it 2 inches.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.