JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Remington
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Model 8 or 81. Must be marked 300 Savage. No other caliber for the models 8 or 81 will work.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I use 8mm Mauser stripper clips in both my Model 8 in 35 Rem and Model 81 in 300 Savage. It's just what I could find at the time.
You can also use 308, 7mm Mauser or 6.5 Swede stripper clips. A buddy sent me some 308 stripper clips and they work great in my 300 Savage.

Original 8/81 strippers are like hens teeth. Years ago I had around 10 and they sold for north of $100 each at auction. They will be marked with the caliber on the stripper itself. I'll keep my eyes open for you. Neat guns with a lot of cool history! Good luck in your search!

Stripper clips? Isn't that what thumbs are for...

On a rare occasion I've used generic stripper clips I have to load my Model 81 in 35 Remington.

Thanks for all the info. The reading I had done on what I could or couldn't use made it sound like there wasn't much for options. I'll check into all the suggestions.

@aljames Yes, I know they would be expensive if I found an original one. :(

The gun is an inherited one and after a lifetime of hunting with bolt actions, I find I kind of like hunting with this old semi. And it's a good caliber.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.