JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Colt
Caliber
45 ACP
City
Albany
State
Oregon
I'm looking to buy a cmp 1911 via my 03 FFL (C&R).

Must be willing to deal with me using my 03 FFL to buy it.

Colt frame strongly prefered to get colt letter later. Will be less picky with most colts too.

Any cmp grade I would consider, range is less likely to be interested but who knows

The barrel, grips, etc being usgi contract is fine, but the slide strongly prefer ww2 era even if mixmash.

1500 max I'm willing to pay, though that depends on condition of the gun, frame and slide manufacturers, and other factors. I can throw ammo or some gun parts/mags in for right gun. If it's a colt frame and slide I might be willing to trade a C&R gun towards it for less cash, but ONLY if you have a C&R license too.

I would like to keep the certificate to show it is a cmp gun, though the case would be nice not required to get

I'm planning on moving by October at the latest, to be honest it's probably smarter to not buy a gun and have more saved, but if I get a cmp 1911 I really like I'll live and figure it out. This likely will be a gun I would keep my entire life or in my imminent family. I'm being picky because I don't want to buy something I don't intend to keep forever as this will likely be one of the few usgi guns I buy due to the market on most have gone above what I care to pay. Also cmp ones as they will definitely make money, but with all the contract parts, rebuilds, etc they are not worth the money that orginal finish and orginal parts Pistols get.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Have you tried cmp directly? They won't ship to wa 03 ffl anymore but might oregon
CMP won't because congress will only release them after 1 background check done before its sent and 1 when u pick it up, won't let u do home based ffl. I'm looking for someone who bought one round 3 or earlier that dosent mind selling it after enjoying it for a profit, especially before round 3 the max was 1050 and least 850. Worst case I've seen them pop up in Texas around 1400-1600 occasionally, I figured there's a decent chance someone has one I would like that they didn't like (mixmash frame n slide, rebuilt, idiot scratches bugging them, too many contract parts, etc) that I would still like. I saw one here I liked for 1500 a few days ago but it sale pending before I saw it.

CMP won't because congress will only release them after 1 background check done before its sent and 1 when u pick it up, won't let u do home based ffl. I'm looking for someone who bought one round 3 or earlier that dosent mind selling it after enjoying it for a profit, especially before round 3 the max was 1050 and least 850. Worst case I've seen them pop up in Texas around 1400-1600 occasionally, I figured there's a decent chance someone has one I would like that they didn't like (mixmash frame n slide, rebuilt, idiot scratches bugging them, too many contract parts, etc) that I would still like. I saw one here I liked for 1500 a few days ago but it sale pending before I saw it.
Ah I didn't realize congress was the driving factor on cmp's decision to not recognize 03 ffls. Cmp told me it was Wa 1639 when I inquired about an M1 Garand last month.

Ah I didn't realize congress was the driving factor on cmp's decision to not recognize 03 ffls. Cmp told me it was Wa 1639 when I inquired about an M1 Garand last month.
Weird, I know in Washington C&R was exempt, but that was a few years ago. Oregon is more vague but when there was a discussion here it showed it was allowed, but not named just under a law that included FFL C&R holders federally. 114 it wouldn't matter but the CMP is just trying to keep themselves out of trouble. I'll get a garand from them when I move to Texas after a while as its easier to sell my stuff there than here with the backlog and ffl requirements sadly.

Weird, I know in Washington C&R was exempt, but that was a few years ago. Oregon is more vague but when there was a discussion here it showed it was allowed, but not named just under a law that included FFL C&R holders federally. 114 it wouldn't matter but the CMP is just trying to keep themselves out of trouble. I'll get a garand from them when I move to Texas after a while as its easier to sell my stuff there than here with the backlog and ffl requirements sadly.
The wa rcw for firearm transfers does exempt 03 FFL. It's the last exemption in the rcw. But cmp is playing it safe.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.