JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone, I'm Phil.

I just found this site a couple days ago - it's awesome! Well, I'm looking into purchasing an AR-15, but would only like to spend $500-600. Whoa! Yea, yea, I know, that's not a lot of cash, but I'm only really looking for something off-brand to go out and plink around with on weekends, definitely not some beautiful gun that will just sit in a safe. As I don't really plan on gearing up and assaulting a foreign people, I think that it should be fine.

If you have something you're interested in selling, let me know. If you don't, but might have any tips/hints to get in at my approximate price range, please shoot me a PM.

I've sorta been considering assembling a gun on my own, as I understand that is a possible route to go for saving a bit of money. So, once again, if you have any ideas/parts, feel free to let me know.

Thanks - have a good one!

Phil

Welcome phil, assembling your own is the way to go. I saw lowers for 70.00 at the last show. most of the guy that know how to assemble one will showyou for a few beers or ammo. (i usually go with the beers) I saw lower parts kits for 69.00 and complete uppers for 425.00 after that all you need is a buttstock for as low as 69.00 and you have a brand new ar15.
Kyle

Great, thanks! That sounds like a good route to me, plus it'd be a great way to really get to know the inner-workings of the gun by actually assembling it.

Any ideas as to where to look? I've been looking at ar15.com classifieds, but I'm not seeing anything near the price range you quoted for the complete upper :confused:

Thanks again,

Phil

Hmm, that seems like a pretty good deal to me. How does something like that stack up, price-wise, against a do-it-yourself assembly?

Phil

ps Thanks for the link!

I think the best deals on this board will be Coctailer's Delton package.
Other comparable budget level brands would be kits from <broken link removed> (same company).
JT's kit is $500 for everything apart from the stripped lower receiver. Their site lets you pick items like a menu but you're really looking for a KISS carbine I think.

I think a kit is a good way to go with your first as the upper is fully assembled, and you get to put together the lower yourself.
Lower chance of messing something crucial up with the gas system or messing up your barrel on the first one. You can get to know the platform and get in cheap.
The minute you start thinking about separate components it may seem cheaper but ends up costing more, as who is going to build a custom rifle with an A2 upper, non-free float handguards, and the cheapest barrel etc.

I think the best deals on this board will be Coctailer's Delton package.
Other comparable budget level brands would be kits from <broken link removed> (same company).
JT's kit is $500 for everything apart from the stripped lower receiver. Their site lets you pick items like a menu but you're really looking for a KISS carbine I think.

I think a kit is a good way to go with your first as the upper is fully assembled, and you get to put together the lower yourself.
Lower chance of messing something crucial up with the gas system or messing up your barrel on the first one. You can get to know the platform and get in cheap.
The minute you start thinking about separate components it may seem cheaper but ends up costing more, as who is going to build a custom rifle with an A2 upper, non-free float handguards, and the cheapest barrel etc.

Thanks again for the link. That looks like a good deal, and for my purposes, pretty much just right. Like I said, I'm just looking to plink around with it, and I'm not going to fall apart if it eventually gets a scratch or two.

How does something like this look to you: <broken link removed> ?

It may, in the long run, cost more by piecing it together, you may be correct. Any link to the Coctailer you mentioned and his deals?

Thanks again,

Phil

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.