JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What did DJT say to the pigeon?

C'mon, you know this...

2lo8rd.jpg

How about Randy Johnson and his triple digit fastball.

That was the first thing I thought of becaaauuse... I was actually at that game. And, no... I didn't see it happen.

It was a spring training game vs the Giants, the only kind I could afford to take the whole family to (and before the expansion, the ONLY way to see an MLB game in AZ). Even bleacher seats would get expensive at the Bank One Ballpark (known then as BOB) during regular season play... it was an exciting year: MLB was new in Phoenix, the D-backs had an incredible lineup including Johnson and Kurt Schilling, who would later get traded to Boston and lead them to their slump-breaking World Series win(s) a few yrs later... nice move, D-backs, hope you enjoyed your ONE World Series victory. :s0158:

The AZ Diamondbacks went on to win the World Series that year. That incredible victory was marred by the perpetration of the 9/11 attacks and pundits calling the D-backs (and fans) all sorts of names for not forfeiting the Series to the Yankees... a real shame, but typical of the "win at any cost" E Coast pundit-class. :s0123:

Anyway... I missed it. D-backs were in the field, I went to get dogs or beers or something and when I came back it was what everyone was talking about, the rest of the game seemed like an afterthought. My wife and kids saw it, and I've watched the replay a hundred times.

My own "wrong place, wrong time" story of the most famous pitch ever thrown.

BTW, it's been reported as being a pigeon, a seagull, and some other critters. Most experts have come to the conclusion that it was a mourning dove. Apparently, doves have a very distinctive explosive pattern when hit w a 100 mph heater from The Big Unit.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top