JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure sad covers this. I wonder if the baby made it or if the family lost two lives! :(
Things like this do not need to happen! Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

Very sad.

My good friend is moving to AZ soon to be with his girlfriend.

He said it's crazy different where she is. People will just stop on the shoulder of a road and start shooting.

And last time I was thru AZ, depending on where you are, there aren't a lot of trees etc.

Doesn't make it right, I was just pointing out a geographical difference.

These are the worst kind of occurrences for gun owners. We need to do a better job of self policing our sport. It is way past time for the adults to stand up and stop dangerous practices whenever we see them. This just ads fuel to the anti gun forces.

Whats interesting to learn is how different it is to safely shoot on public lands in other parts of the country its mostly flat.... No natural backstop. We sometimes have a hard time here finding a spot in the woods but in comparison we have it easy because we are all hills and mountains.

5C43D11E-84B0-4DAA-AA9E-BEAD753E5016.jpeg
Very sad.

My good friend is moving to AZ soon to be with his girlfriend.

He said it's crazy different where she is. People will just stop on the shoulder of a road and start shooting.

And last time I was thru AZ, depending on where you are, there aren't a lot of trees etc.

So, if it isn't a safe area...........you just dont shoot. One of the reasons I bought the ranch that I live on is because of the excellent backstops we have in the places we shoot. We went as far as making sure there are no rocks in our backstops.

Whats interesting to learn is how different it is to safely shoot on public lands in other parts of the country its mostly flat.... No natural backstop. We sometimes have a hard time here finding a spot in the woods but in comparison we have it easy because we are all hills and mountains.

My daughter and SIL live in Phoenix. We go shooting a lot when I am in town. You would actually be surprised how easy it is to find a back stop in the desert. What most people don't take into consideration is the rocks and which direction they are shooting. :confused:

this would be a good time for a bunch of we responsible shooters to come together and help the woman's family. I will kick in, and I hope the shooter does serious prison time. it sounds like a clear cut example of negligent homicide or man slaughter.

I am at a loss of just what to say....
Things like this are so damn preventable.
The over used phrase Thoughts and prayers to the family....while well meaning and heartfelt...doesn't even begin to convey what I want to tell the family and how angry I am at the shooter.
Andy

So sad. I grew up where that happened. The town of Buckeye was small back then. I have a lot of great memories of (safely) exploring every inch of that desert with my .22 and dog in tow. How things change...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews