JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Winchester Ranger 20 gauge with 28" barrel and fixed modified choke and Vent Rib in EX condition in a trade a few years back . I don't see any model # on it ??? Is it a Model 140 ? Or something else ? Pictures show gun .... ALSO , any idea what these are selling for now in EX condition ? Getting ready to let her go ... THANKS for the Help

DSC00001.JPG DSC00003.JPG DSC00004 (2).JPG

Last Edited:
I have a Winchester Ranger 20 gauge with 28" barrel and fixed modified choke and Vent Rib in EX condition in a trade a few years back . I don't see any model # on it ??? Is it a Model 140 ? Or something else ? Pictures show gun .... ALSO , any idea what these are selling for now in EX condition ? Getting ready to let her go ... THANKS for the Help

View attachment 1154117 View attachment 1154119
Most likely a Winchester model 1500 XTR/ Ranger 140 made for Sears. But Ranger was just a budget model for Winchesters so it could have been sold in several stores.

Last Edited:
I copied this from another forum.

"There is very little information available, in my resources, about the Ranger series produced by Winchester. The Ranger models were less expensive versions of other Winchester models. Production cost was reduced by using birch in place of walnut for stocks and less buffing of the metal prior to finishing. The Ranger model 140 was the less expensive version of the Winchester Model 1400. Winchester started producing the Ranger models in 1983. My resources do not indicate when Ranger production was discontinued, how many were produced or dates of manufacture."

My book shows it to look like the 1500 xtr both the forearm and the magazine cap match the 1500 which should be the ranger 140 even though many of the 140's were winch. 1400's. should be around $350-400 for around here but could be a tad more due to being 20 gauge for the ones who need less recoil.

Edit: Could also be that the Ranger versions had fixed chokes rather than the win-choke system making it a cheaper version along with the less fancy wood and finish.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top