JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was recently gifted one of these from my dad, So I am kind of embarrassed to ask but it's not something I have seen before. I downloaded a video on how to clean it properly and have done so, How do you load this thing there is what appears to be a cartridge tube that inserts to the butt of the stock , but there is also on the side of the stalk where it looks like shells could have been fed?!?! or possibly ejected cartridge's .. any info appreciated, I looked for a pdf for a manual but was not able to find one, Thanks All:huh:

Looking at the video I found on youtube, I would just pull the mag tube out of the back of the stock load them through the hole in the side of the stock. I imagine that once you get enough rounds in so that they are visible through the hole, you are full. then just put the mag tube back in. I have Nylon 66 that loads this way, sans the hole in the side of the stock. It can be a bit of pain to get the tube back in as it likes to catch the rims of the shells. You just have to work it around a little bit and you can get it back together.

Hey thanks so much for the reply , that had occurred to me as well, but was a lil sketch to try it, Thanks again!

oh and I forgot to add, old winchester rifles are awesome. I love them. They just built solid, functional guns that last forever. Some of my favorites to shoot are winnies. And getting them cheap or for free makes them even better.

oh and I forgot to add, old winchester rifles are awesome. I love them. They just built solid, functional guns that last forever. Some of my favorites to shoot are winnies. And getting them cheap or for free makes them even better.

No Doubt I have a feeling this is a really solid little rifle, and getting it from my dad makes it very special.

I took this rifle out this weekend, and it did okay, but had some problems with ejecting,I was able to remove the spent cartridge but there is a round stuck. so I think I need it cleaned professionally and checked out, if anyone knows a qualified gunsmith that would charge a reasonable price let me know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top