JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Winchester Model 71 Deluxe .348 Win. A.I. Kill this Post

-Near Mint, only slight wear.

-Lyman 56 sight.

-The Model 71 has been used as a basis for caliber conversions over quite a few years now. P.O. Ackley's .348 Improved was made by blowing the case out straight to get rid of the tapered body. Combined with Ackley's sharp shoulder, case life was dramatically improved over the factory cartridge and ballistics were increased.

This gun was my fathers and has been our family since the 1950s. It was used to kill a seven point bull elk in Tygh Valley, Oregon in 2005.

I'm asking $3500 obo or partial trade for a AR-15 or AK-47 and cash. A Bushmaster would be fine but I'll only pay pre-panic pricing ($800 - $900) or AK ($400 tops). No the Dems don't even have the votes to outlaw assault rifles. This is a true collectible.

Must be able to meet in the Portland Area.

I will post photos in the next couple of days.

Thanks for looking!

Last Edited:
Normaly I would not coment on the sale of a gun. But since this is in the descusion section.Not the sales, I will.
So prices are on the way back down. But they are what they are. A gun is worth what you can get for it. Not what someone wants to pay.
But thats OK. You sell the lever gun for $74.35 because thats what it sold for when it was made. And with the trade of my $400 AK You only owe me about $325. Sound good? Or visit reality and understand that guns go up in price. Both with time and demand.
Allso what is the collectors value on a rebareled winchester? If it's not origonal it's a shooter. The good news is it's worth what it's worth. Even if I would only give you $450.

gregpdx,

I suspect the rifle has a lot of sentimental value to yourself and the family since it was your fathers. Why don't you just keep it and pass it to your children?

tb

Normaly I would not coment on the sale of a gun. But since this is in the descusion section.Not the sales, I will.
So prices are on the way back down. But they are what they are. A gun is worth what you can get for it. Not what someone wants to pay.
But thats OK. You sell the lever gun for $74.35 because thats what it sold for when it was made. And with the trade of my $400 AK You only owe me about $325. Sound good? Or visit reality and understand that guns go up in price. Both with time and demand.
Allso what is the collectors value on a rebareled winchester? If it's not origonal it's a shooter. The good news is it's worth what it's worth. Even if I would only give you $450.

I'll contest that your arguement is flawed based on it is what someone will pay, not a guns actual value. For example, all the semi automatic rifles are currently sold out. Is an $800 Bushwacker really worth $2400, I guess so because they are all sold out. Will that same bushwacker be worth $2400 in three months? The simple answer is "No". I'll put my Winchester's Value up against all of these assault rilfes that are currently over valued due to idiots not understanding politics and their panic artificially driving up the price. So, yes in three months I'll pay you $400 for your AK and my Winchester will still be valuable.

Many things about me are flawed. I did said prices were on the way back down. But today is today. And that is when you buy or sell a gun. Your Winchester will be worth $3000 some time in the future. Why don't you just ask that now? To you[and me] an AR or AK is not worth what people have been selling them for. I know I will wait till prices fall in line with what I want to pay befor geting any more black guns. And It sounds like you too will not buy in to the high prices. It's to bad people don't have to sell us there guns for what we tell then they are worth.
As for puting the value of your winchester against a black gun today? I think it looks like no ban will hapen. But if one dose. If Oboma pulls a rabbit out of his hat? The prices we have seen will look cheep! There will be people paying crazy money for black guns. And let's not pretend people were not just payin silly prices. They were.
A lot of people you call idiots just made a bunch of money selling Black rifles. Were they the ones that did not understand politics? They just made 100%-250% profits.

Many things about me are flawed. I did said prices were on the way back down. But today is today. And that is when you buy or sell a gun. Your Winchester will be worth $3000 some time in the future. Why don't you just ask that now? To you[and me] an AR or AK is not worth what people have been selling them for. I know I will wait till prices fall in line with what I want to pay befor geting any more black guns. And It sounds like you too will not buy in to the high prices. It's to bad people don't have to sell us there guns for what we tell then they are worth.
As for puting the value of your winchester against a black gun today? I think it looks like no ban will hapen. But if one dose. If Oboma pulls a rabbit out of his hat? The prices we have seen will look cheep! There will be people paying crazy money for black guns. And let's not pretend people were not just payin silly prices. They were.
A lot of people you call idiots just made a bunch of money selling Black rifles. Were they the ones that did not understand politics? They just made 100%-250% profits.

No, I said the buyers of "black guns" at today's prices are idiots, buying into the panic. They are the same ones buying bricks of 22lr for $50 a box. (I had a guy willing to trade me a $400 Benchmade knife for 1000 rounds of 22lr I paid $34 for) The gun stores and the exhibitors at the gun shows are brilliant, making huge profits...that's capitalism at its finest. When the last ban happend, both the Senate and House were Dem controlled...today only the Senate is. We need to just say "No" to these current prices. Obama could be in bed with the NRA and he has been great for gun sales...he rattles the saber and prices sky rocket for black guns and ammo.

They are making the problem worse? A man must do for himself. And a lot have bought high price guns. But they need to buy now if they want to have a gun in the future. They were more willing to loose money than get caught without a black rifle. I think they made the right choice. Not having an AR or whatever evil gun they wanted, was not an option. Paying too much was. It's easy to say now they paid too much. But a month or so ago it was looking like a very strong posibility the black guns would be banned. Prices are coming down because it looks like were out of the woods. But that could, and has changed over night in the past.
I did not need to buy. So sat and watched. Others could not afford the high prices so they did not buy. Still others cried or got mad at the prices. These people are the sour grape bunch. I learned long ago, I can not change the world. Just myself. And I'm a lot less frustrated and angry.
In time the gun situation will change. Till then I accept it and make choices on what is. I'm not any more upset at it, as I am at the rain. It just is.

If you check what a Deluxe model 71 sells for on Gun Broker the seller is not at all out of line if the condition of his rifle is up to it. The modified chamber is about a 25% hit to the value of the rifle. But the seller knows that.

The price of black guns and the current market has virtually nothing to do with the value of a mid level collectable Winchester like this. We are talking to completely different worlds.

Go on to one of the dedicated Winchester collector Forums and see what some of these rifles sell for all the time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top