JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,

I am researching a number of estate firearms and was hoping a member or two would would chime in about dating a Winchester Model 70 Featherweight chambered in 270 Win. As near as I can tell, according to multiple online resources pertaining to the model 70, the rifle in question was likely manufactured in 1958 as the serial number begins in 440–below is one online example.

I'm certain the rifle is pre-64, I just wan't to be as accurate as possible in the likely year of production.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks all.

IMG_8114.png IMG_8115.png

I recently acquired 1947 30 06.....I was a little disappointed when I found out they have not been selling well here locally. I was told by a local shop he can't move the pre 64 model 70s. His reasoning was all the older guys that really wanted them are starting to die off and there isn't a big demand for them with the younger folks. He had a really nice one he's been sitting on for a year and can't sell

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews