JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Used Model 70 270 WSM. Shoots 140 gr accubonds at around 3150 fps with 65 grains of 7828. clover leaf groups, probably .25 MOA average. Also groups just as well with 130 gr sierras, 62 grains of 4350 at around 3200 fps.

A gunsmith performed a trigger job on this when it was new, trigger feels great, and breaks very light. I recently put a pull gauge on it and it consistently breaks right at 1 LB. Ive never had it misfire, and I drop tested it several times. It is the classic model 70 trigger so if its too light for you, you can turn it back up a bit. Breaks like glass with ZERO over travel. Have to feel it to know how good it is!

The bolt was jeweled as well but it has worn some, I think maybe it was done too light because it didn't hold up very well.

This rifle works great on animals, Ive harvested 5 big game animals with it (2 elk, 3 deer) and each one flopped and died, never ran more than 10 feet. Last animal was an elk at 305 yards, went right through the heart and both lungs.

The stock isn't that great, its a Houge and it has numerous rub marks and scratches (its been a hunting rig) but it is glass bedded to the action, and never moves. The action and barrel are scratch free, but there is a small scratch on the trigger guard.

Has a Warne steel 20MOA cant 1 piece scope base picatinny rail installed that will go with the gun, as well as around 100 pieces of brass, some already sized and primed.

Rifle, base, brass, dies, and load recipes - $600 OBO 3six0-five1eight-2six0six call anytime
IMG_0586.JPG IMG_0587.JPG IMG_0588.JPG IMG_0589.JPG IMG_0590.JPG

Last Edited:
The barrel isnt a true bull profile, but it is thicker. It's more like a sendero profile, and its 24" long. Has around 300 rounds through it. Winchester specs are at <broken link removed>

Says 7 lbs 8 oz, so with the steel base I'm guessing 8 or a little over.

Last Edited:
IMG_0595.JPG pic from load development. I have more targets I can't find right now. This isn't a fluke, it will do this every time. Notice 3 shots are 1 hole! This one measured 3/8". Its always around .25 if I do my part

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Prod...ctory-barrel-channel-nutmeg-laminate-finished

Grab a boyd's stock for 99 bucks and you've got a brand new looking rifle, or just leave the bedded houge on and hunt away without worry of scratches.

I know Houge stock's are known to not be so stiff in the forearm, but the barrel channel is so over sized it never touches the barrel when its torqued around with a sling hold, etc. it obviously works, as shown from the target pic.

Amazing this hasn't sold. I have a Savage Model 16 in .270 WSM that never sold. It is also an amazing shooter. Has several successful hunts on it. Very Long range. .270WSM is inherently accurate. GLWS.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.