Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Winchester Model 1890 - Restored to As New Condition

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by Duane, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Duane

Duane Portland Member

Winchester Model 1890 chambered in 22 WRF that's been in our family for over 50 years. It was completely restored about 20 years ago by a professional gunsmith and has been in a controlled environment and unfired since. It was manufactured in 1911. Most likely the nicest one you'll ever have the opportunity to purchase. Will consider partial trade for an a 1911 45ACP over/under 12ga. Asking $2,150. Contact me at 503-449-1282 or by email at: ddoran@dwnrvr.com

winchester-1890-1.jpg

winchester-1890-2.jpg

winchester-1890-3.jpg

winchester-1890-4.jpg

winchester-1890-1.jpg

winchester-1890-1.jpg

winchester-1890-2.jpg

winchester-1890-3.jpg

winchester-1890-4.jpg

nitestocker and (deleted member) like this.
  2. nitestocker

nitestocker woodland washington Well-Known Member

its just to bad it was restored i think these are beautiful my dad gave me one in 22 long rifle and in most cases restoring them loses there value but still its a beautiful rifle

3. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

Your 22 lr is kinda rare, I'd like to have one.

4. BEN LILLY

BEN LILLY Lincoln City, OR NRA LIFE MEMBER Bronze Supporter

Explain 22 WRF. don't know how it equates to 22 LR?

5. nehalemguy

nehalemguy Vernonia Well-Known Member

The .22WRF is an older and mostly obsolete cartridge that is slightly shorter than .22WMR. It used to be near impossible to find ammo for but now CCI and Winchester both produce limited runs.

E

orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Duane

Duane Portland Member

I understand and respect your opinion. In this case however it can only be construed as a negative comment about a gun I'm trying to sell. I find it inappropriate to post such comments on someone elses listing. Maybe you should start your own thread on the forums about the value of restoring vs original gun values?

K-22 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. fry

fry pacific north west Active Member

your ad is misleading. it should read "restored" not "100%~as new". hope this helps. nice piece.

8. Duane

Duane Portland Member

Sorry, I've change the title based on your recommendation.

9. Duane

Duane Portland Member

Bump

10. Gaucho Gringo

Gaucho Gringo Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

There was an original 1890 like yours that was in good original condition that was originally priced about half of what you are asking for your and it was up for a year and it finally sold for less than $750.00. Gun collectors would not even look at your gun, in the gun blue book it states that refinished guns no matter how nice are rated at shooter prices. If you want to insult our intelligence and claim your gun is worth way over collector grade prices that is your right. However you should be man enough to take the criticisms and not complain when someone calls you on it. It is a nice looking gun and I have been looking for one to go with my 1906 however yours is overpriced for what it is.

jbett98 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I second the above opinion. It's only original once, no matter how much was spent on refinishing.

thorborg and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Duane

Duane Portland Member

Can I remind everyone that this a CLASSIFIED AD!!!!!!!!!! and not a forum for your opinion on the best way to manage antique firearms? Start your own forum and feel free to express your opinions but they have NO place on people ads. PERIOD!