JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Winchester Model 1890 chambered in 22 WRF that's been in our family for over 50 years. It was completely restored about 20 years ago by a professional gunsmith and has been in a controlled environment and unfired since. It was manufactured in 1911. Most likely the nicest one you'll ever have the opportunity to purchase. Will consider partial trade for an a 1911 45ACP over/under 12ga. Asking $2,150. Contact me at 503-449-1282 or by email at: [email protected]

winchester-1890-1.jpg

winchester-1890-2.jpg

winchester-1890-3.jpg

winchester-1890-4.jpg

winchester-1890-1.jpg

winchester-1890-1.jpg

winchester-1890-2.jpg

winchester-1890-3.jpg

winchester-1890-4.jpg

its just to bad it was restored i think these are beautiful my dad gave me one in 22 long rifle and in most cases restoring them loses there value but still its a beautiful rifle

Explain 22 WRF. don't know how it equates to 22 LR?

The .22WRF is an older and mostly obsolete cartridge that is slightly shorter than .22WMR. It used to be near impossible to find ammo for but now CCI and Winchester both produce limited runs.

E

its just to bad it was restored i think these are beautiful my dad gave me one in 22 long rifle and in most cases restoring them loses there value but still its a beautiful rifle

I understand and respect your opinion. In this case however it can only be construed as a negative comment about a gun I'm trying to sell. I find it inappropriate to post such comments on someone elses listing. Maybe you should start your own thread on the forums about the value of restoring vs original gun values?

There was an original 1890 like yours that was in good original condition that was originally priced about half of what you are asking for your and it was up for a year and it finally sold for less than $750.00. Gun collectors would not even look at your gun, in the gun blue book it states that refinished guns no matter how nice are rated at shooter prices. If you want to insult our intelligence and claim your gun is worth way over collector grade prices that is your right. However you should be man enough to take the criticisms and not complain when someone calls you on it. It is a nice looking gun and I have been looking for one to go with my 1906 however yours is overpriced for what it is.

I second the above opinion. It's only original once, no matter how much was spent on refinishing.

Can I remind everyone that this a CLASSIFIED AD!!!!!!!!!! and not a forum for your opinion on the best way to manage antique firearms? Start your own forum and feel free to express your opinions but they have NO place on people ads. PERIOD!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top