JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Up for sale is another firearm I inherited from my Grandfather, a Winchester Centennial 66 rifle with 26" barrel. This rifle was purchased in the summer of 1966 in Klamath Falls, OR. The serial # is less than 30K and has more figured wood than all of the others that I've seen, as I recall Gramps saying, "I payed extra for the fancy wood."

Updated info:
I recently learned from my brother that our Gramps had a custom stock made for this rifle from a stockmaker in the K Falls area (name unknown) when he purchased this rifle back in 1966. The buttstock now sports a flat buttplate instead of the original curved buttplate. The custom stock has a length of pull of 13 5/16 inches w/flat buttplate, original is 13 1/2 inches with curved buttplate. I understand from a number of sources that the flat buttplate is more comfortable to shoot than a curved buttplate. My brother and I figure that Gramps traded the more plain, original stock and buttplate as part of the payment for the fancier custom buttstock and forend.

Also, my brother informed me that Gramps put a box of shells thru this rifle when the stock work was completed to see how it shot, then put the rifle away. We believe that this was the only time the rifle was shot, as Gramps had a pretty fancy "Jack O'Connor dream rifle" for deer hunting.

This recently learned information is reducing the price of this very nice rifle.

My Gramps had a number of "safe queens" and this is one of them, but it is not original from the factory. I inherited it in 1980 and it has rarely been out of the safe, except for cleaning.

This rifle is in near mint condition (the action gets worked several times a year for cleaning) and the box is in very good condition for being nearly 50 years old. Serial # on the box matches the serial # on the rifle.
IMG_2313.JPG IMG_2311.JPG IMG_2314.JPG IMG_2315.JPG IMG_2316.JPG IMG_2317.JPG IMG_2319.JPG

Check the gun auctions - this rifle is an EXCELLENT buy at $450 and would make a terrific Christmas present for someone special. SOLD

See Chuck Hawk's article on the Centennial 66:
http://www.chuckhawks.com/win_centennial_66.htm

I hope this doesn't break any rules, but here's a recently completed auction on the less popular carbine without the box:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=445166710

I live in the mid-Willamette Valley and prefer a face to face cash sale transaction.
I served as a commissioned Marine infantry officer with a "Secret Clearance" from HQ Marine Corps, I'm honest - you be, too.

PM me if you have questions.

IMG_2313.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.