JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been having bad luck with Winchester ammo lately especially .22 and .17 HMR. Was shooting the pictured .22 ammo suppressed and some were supersonic and some were not. Even had a squib load where the bullet only traveled about 1/4". Lots of duds. This pistol can normally go through a box of 50 without a jam, not with Winchester.

4BFA0DBA-7572-499B-BD63-9CF3B923A596.jpeg

Bad round, bad lot, wrong load for a particular gun, the sky's the limit on reasons.

The last Winchester ammo I bought, I reordered it again because it worked so well in all the guns I used it in.

Who knows? :confused:

I generally shoot CCI SV but I'm a sucker for cheap, bulk ammo too. This Winchester is probably the worst. Out of a box I'll get 5 that won't fire and the rest are a mix of subsonic and supersonic.

I had some bad luck with Remington 223 about 5 in a box of 20 were FTF . I have no problem with the Black hills 223 this is the first issue I have had with any ammo after 40 years of shooting .

Bad luck happens.

BTW.....I don't usually buy Winchester 22LR. Why take that chance? Yup.....plenty of other companies to choose from. But that's just IMHO. I'm sure that the QC guys at Winchester don't care about me and what I think of their 22LR offering(s).

Aloha, Mark

I have had two squib loads with Winchester white box in the last year. One was .380 acp. Sent the case and bullet back to Winchester and they said sorry and sent a check for $22.

The next was 9mm and I just drove out the bullet. Then pulled the rest of the bullets (two boxes worth) and found one more cartridge with now powder. Glad I did.

No Winchester for me now.

I have shot 1000s of Winchester 9mm 124gr NATO rounds with no problems over the years. I also bought some 50 round boxes of Winchester 147gr Ranger-T rounds years ago and I shoot a few magazines of Ranger-T rounds every so often.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top