JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
posted but i dont really know what these are worth so i was trying to find community feedback

Thanks much. I'm sure someone can help. I am at the office now, so don't have access to said, but I do have a book at home that has Winchester pricing information and can look into that later. Cheers.

This one appears to be in good condition. Guns in this shape I regularly sell on gunbroker for $425-$475, but then the buyer has to pay shipping and transfer, so you're in the ball park in my opinion. The caveat is that you may have to sit on it for while waiting for the right buyer, or people to get taxes back. If you're in a hurry to see, adjust accordingly. GLWS

So
You believe so?

I hate to clutter someones thread, but this time I'm gonna break my own rule.

You're not really letting us know what you're selling. Your photo very much looks to me like a Trapper (16" barrel). If it is a Trapper, it's worth much more than the same era 20" model, and more than any Ranger. The photo also very much looks like a walnut stock, which would make it not a Ranger.

Further, if it is a Trapper, what caliber is it?
So the barrel is 16" chambered in 30-30 and I believe the stock is walnut, so that would make it a trapper?

Markings, barrel length, and caliber would be really helpful. From the Standard Catalog of Winchester Firearms, 3rd Edition:

Information on Ranger:

LkRTm4C.jpg

Information on Trapper:

GxCvf4b.jpg

Markings, barrel length, and caliber would be really helpful. From the Standard Catalog of Winchester Firearms, 3rd Edition:

Information on Ranger:

View attachment 561754

Information on Trapper:

View attachment 561755
Wow thanks man, from what I see, the closest thing is the ranger compact, it has a 16" barrel, adj. Rear sight, black recoil pad, after comparing woods, this looks more like just hardwood and it has the post front sight

OP...My apologies for cluttering your ad, but we're trying to figure out what you have. From the above discussions, and even if you supplied additional photos, it would help with the identification. Once you (and we) know what you have for sale, I can delete all my posts and photos here, and you can get back to selling your rifle.:cool: Thanks.

Here is the original photo. The OP agreed in one post that it was a Trapper, with a walnut stock. In another post, he thought it was a hardwood stock.
View attachment 561938

I have owned both, and still own the walnut version. My eyes say it's a Walnut Trapper.:cool:

OP take note! Folks want to know what you have.:)

And here's the Ranger version. The hardwood on the ranger has much wider grain, and it has a safety. The Trapper in the OP photo does not.

View attachment 561939

And finally, my Trapper with a walnut stock. I still think this is what you have.
View attachment 561943
One thing I noticed that is different is that the ranger does not have sling studs but it looks like your trapper does, mine does not have the sling studs, not sure if that matters

OP...My apologies for cluttering your ad, but we're trying to figure out what you have. From the above discussions, and even if you supplied additional photos, it would help with the identification. Once you (and we) know what you have for sale, I can delete all my posts and photos here, and you can get back to selling your rifle.:cool: Thanks.

Here is the original photo. The OP agreed in one post that it was a Trapper, with a walnut stock. In another post, he thought it was a hardwood stock.
View attachment 561938

I have owned both, and still own the walnut version. My eyes say it's a Walnut Trapper.:cool:

OP take note! Folks want to know what you have.:)

And here's the Ranger version. The hardwood on the ranger has much wider grain, and it has a safety. The Trapper in the OP photo does not.

View attachment 561939

And finally, my Trapper with a walnut stock. I still think this is what you have.
View attachment 561943
IMG_20190324_111146308.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.