JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Winchester
City
La Conner
State
Washington
Hello all ,
I would like a Winchester 67A stock.
I don't need a pristine new looking example...However nice that would be.
But I would prefer one that ain't beat all to Hell either.
Honest wear and use marks would be fine.
If the stock came with a butt plate ( factory or aftermarket ) that would be nice as well.
Thank you.
Andy

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Something I found about those 67A stocks. They marketed a ( Boys) model. That may be what you have. That is what mine is. My dad put a metal plate on the left side for a magnetic flashlight for shooting rats at the dumps. Funny thing is, he also said he carved off a small part of the grip and that made it easy to slip up into the vent of his 49 Ford. Maybe some venison was part of that equation back in the day. Anyway, I was just happy to find a bolt for it after all these years.

Something I found about those 67A stocks. They marketed a ( Boys) model. That may be what you have. That is what mine is. My dad put a metal plate on the left side for a magnetic flashlight for shooting rats at the dumps. Funny thing is, he also said he carved off a small part of the grip and that made it easy to slip up into the vent of his 49 Ford. Maybe some venison was part of that equation back in the day. Anyway, I was just happy to find a bolt for it after all these years.
I have the full length barrel....not the 20 inch barrel of the boys rifle.
Andy

Put a solid black or lace-on leather recoil pad on your stock. Make it near normal length without looking too odd.

Bruce

What about a black 1/2" thick buttplate spacer and Pachmayr/etc. of remaining correct thickness? I've only chosen to do this once ("Ol' Bob" .257), and it came out better than I expected.

1711231093638.jpeg

What about a black 1/2" thick buttplate spacer and Pachmayr/etc. of remaining correct thickness? I've only chosen to do this once ("Ol' Bob" .257), and it came out better than I expected.

View attachment 1849318
That...or maybe a contrasting spacer of wood , of the proper length , something like ebony may be placed in.
Recoil ain't an issue here. , so a pad may not be needed.
If I could checker...a checkered butt plate of that contrasting wood , might be nice....:D
Andy

That...or maybe a contrasting spacer of wood , of the proper length , something like ebony may be placed in.
Recoil ain't an issue here. , so a pad may not be needed.
If I could checker...a checkered butt plate of that contrasting wood , might be nice....:D
Andy
If you've ever seen many (and some well done) wood spacers (most usually on guns shortened for a kid or woman, then "re-lengthened"), they never look right no matter how well fitted and stained, EVEN with the wood saved from the original cut. The eye catches the offending divider immediately with some scorn at the loss of continuity.

At least that was my logic with my first try at a significant spacer. Black plastic (close to the color of the rubber) does not attract such attention.

With "Ol' Bob", that portion of the project turned out to be an "additional feature" of the gun: Should a person of small stature own it, that black spacer can be removed, the pad simply screwed into the butt, and only a slight "proud" edge would exhibit at the bottom of that pad. (Either to be easily corrected to "look right", or ignored in case of a later need to instantly re-lengthen in the case of a growing child).

Some here towards the bottom...but not "inexpensive"....

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.