JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
$1200. Hard chrome lower, bushingless barrel, S&A magwell. 4 Wilson magazines. Started as a series 80, this gun has wear. Pictures are not very good but at the least shows the features of the gun, if not the details.
Rear sight is Bo-mar, FS is .100 inch width.

Last Edited:
It looks like a colt series 80 but with Wilson combat mags, or is the frame done up by Wilson? This is misrepresented.

It is a Wilson Combat gun, that used a Colt series 80 Mark IV as the base gun. The magazines (no pics) are Wilson Combat mags w/ brass bumper pads.
What was misleading about this post?

I guess I'm used to seeing it say Wilson on the actual slide instead of a redone colt, thanks for the clarification.

Spider - you're not alone in that confusion. I recall that prior to sourcing their own frames and slides in the mid 90s, Wilson Combat was a mail order outfit operating off word of mouth and ads in the back of Guns and Ammo. You would send them your factory Colt and they would customize it for you with all the stuff Colt wouldn't put on. This looks like what this pistol is, I see the slide is Colt roll marked, as is the frame, with Wilson Combat stamped below the serial number (which looks like a Colt S/N also). A very nice looking gun, but I would perhaps have termed it a Wilson/Colt or a Wilson Combat customized Colt rather than a Wilson Combat, given what the term entails now.

No wonder...I haven't played with these guns in over a decade and a half. Back then (days of Tommy Campbell, Rob and Brian) these were reputed to be the best, but I had no idea Wilsons or these new makers have evolved to the state they are. But then, when was the last time you saw a series 80? :)

Along with Wilson offering their own in house made guns, they allow folks to send their own 1911's in for upgrades, they always have, and still do. So seeing other makers guns, such as Colt, Springfield, Kimber etc with a Wilson stamp is not uncommon.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.