JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The ballistics of the 7.5㎜ FK out of a full size automatic are impressive. (And how I think the designation could be pronounced makes me giggle.) Alas, as far as I know, the only offering in said is the FK BRNO Field Pistol. I'm not aware of any other platform so chambered. What the aforementioned niche pistol goes for cost-wise will likely forever doom the offering to obscurity.

Which leads to the question: do you see this one going anywhere? What platforms do you think could be so chambered and why? The next big thing or will it show up on Forgotten Weapons sometime soon as a cautionary tale?

Enjoy!

Well, they do offer a stocked variant with the Field Pistol, so kind of Broomhandle-esque.

FS%20005.jpg

Just my opinion, you can do the same job of shooting hogs (for example) with a wide range of suitable rifles at a fraction of the cost.

No denying it's a nice piece of machinery.

"Proprietary recoil attenuating system" sounds like getting in to the realm of field artillery.

It would take a major, probably domestic manufacturer to get behind it (looking at you, Ruger!) before it gains real steam. Has to be some motivation to increase ammo production to drop the price of factory ammo and make reloading components available, otherwise the cost per round and price of the gun itself will make it a niche rich man's toy.

Nope, even with all the new guns made for it, 5.7 is still limping around.

Even 17wsm looked like it would do okay, but I think it's even going the ways of 17hm2.

This caliber, DOA.

You can get 2000 ft/sec out of .22 TCM

Shooting Illustrated has a favorable review of the BRNO polymer version of the FK $1600 or so but the big issue of course is ammo. BRNO does include a 10Mm/.40 S&W barrel with it so you can shoot the gun, but the 7.5 ammo is super scarce and only one source.
The cartridge is impressive but I'm betting its going to be like the 5.7x28, very specialized market with some civilian ownership but, unless someone like Ruger and Federal start making less expensive guns and ammo for that cartridge I think it's going nowhere in the public marketplace.:s0092:

Interesting on the polymer version. I, generally, have no use for plastic handguns, but will check it out. Bonus neat-o it can be converted to 10㎜ Auto.

However, I agree with you guys, for the cartridge to survive it has to be embraced by other, large manufacturers. It's neat, it is refreshing to see something new in the automatic pistol world, but unless something changes it will remain niche at best, and most likely will disappear.

The ballistics of the 7.5㎜ FK out of a full size automatic are impressive. (And how I think the designation could be pronounced makes me giggle.) Alas, as far as I know, the only offering in said is the FK BRNO Field Pistol. I'm not aware of any other platform so chambered. What the aforementioned niche pistol goes for cost-wise will likely forever doom the offering to obscurity.

Which leads to the question: do you see this one going anywhere? What platforms do you think could be so chambered and why? The next big thing or will it show up on Forgotten Weapons sometime soon as a cautionary tale?

Enjoy!
I ordered my FK BRNO {Fu(k Bruno, that's what YouTubers are calling it} PSD on 12 DEC 2020. It was $1,695.00 with either the 9mm or 10mm barrel included. I got the 10mm. They are over 60 days behind on orders at the time of purchase, so I expect to see it sometime the end of FEB 2021.
FK BRNO USA only has the 2 types of HP ammo available for sale at this time, and it is expensive, at about $1.50 per round. This should NEVER be used as a self defense carry pistol. The HP ammo will go through 1.5 inches of Bullet Proof glass! See 22Plinkster on YouTube and it will show this. Overpenetration is guaranteed.
The company had a client about 3 or so years ago that asked for a weapon that had Carbine power but was usable in a small space, I.E. the cockpit of an aircraft. The pistol was designed to be effective to 150 yards, which as we all know is quite a distance for even a full sized pistol frame.
This will obviously be a niche weapon, but I hope that it makes its way into the firearms world as is accepted by everyone.
I look at it as more of a military side arm in design, the same as the FN 5.7 pistol.
A good friend of mine, who worked for DTRA, used his 5.7 while training the Philippine Security Forces to combat terrorists in their southern islands. He had to use his 5.7 twice in the field. Standard FN 5.7 ammo (Blue Tip) went right through a plate carrier on a terrorist when they were ambushed on patrol. That is a very effective round when used in combat.
I see this new 7.5mm in the same league, as a armor defeating side arm, especially when using the FMJ loads. Interestingly enough the pistol does not need separate magazines to fire different calibers, but uses the same mag for 7.5mm, 9mm and 10mm rounds. You just get a slight difference in total number of rounds that can be loaded into them. It is a double stack magazine and the 7.5mm round is the same width at its base as the 10mm, it just necks down towards the tip.
I buy and use obscure caliber firearms in my collection. The 7.5mm round is what attracted me to purchase this weapon, and I will update you here after I get a chance to use it.
Have a safe and Happy New Year!
JF
Atlanta, GA.

Thanks for all the details @JohnFay. :)
Update 15 FEB 2021:
I received the FK BRNO last week and took it to the range.
The pistol is actually quite nice to fire. Yes it is powerful, but not overwhelming in any way. It is loud and the muzzle flash on a slightly dark range was surprising on the very first shot! After that it was just a matter of getting used to the action. The trigger is not the very best I have ever used, but was not bad or "Crunchy" as some reviewers have stated.
At 25 yards I was grouping them at 1 inch, which for me is not bad at all on a brand new gun. I did switch barrels and try the 10mm and had the same results in accuracy. I actually like the 7.5mm a little better than the 10mm in this platform.
FK BRNO USA says that they will have the F9 All copper monolithic wide meplat flat nose ammo for sale later this summer.
All in all this is a great pistol for $1,695.00 and i is a great addition to my arsenal.

JF Atlanta, GA.

I've got one with the 9mm conversion barrel. It may be that it's not broke in yet but most 9mm seems pretty weak out of it and will have the occasional FTE. I think the recoil reduction is too effective and gun feels like it barely wants to cycle. However, shooting 9mm+P it functions fine. I will be shooting it at a steel match this weekend with regular 9mm ammo so we'll see what happens

Just an update. Rem UMC 115gr will cause multiple stovepipes. I was shooting some I believe Hevi-Duty 100gr Frangible PBFree which functioned well, as did Blaser 115gr.

The factory duty holster for it is absolute bubblegum though. Do not spend your money on one.

My .02
New self loading pistol calibers rarely go far. (10mm took 30 years to become common, and .40 is fading .)
New revolver calibers catch on if they're large and powerful. (454 , .500)
New rifle calibers can gain a following, but there are so many launches per year it almost seems moot.
Glock probably won't make a 22tcm.
And 22tcm is probably the biggest hit in the last couple decades.
I have no idea why ruger made a 5.7 , although I do "get" why folks are buying that pistol. It's half the price of an FN.
I doubt the Podbyrin 9.2mm will this years Christmas cabbage patch kid , or turboman doll.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews