JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I personally do not believe in safe queens. I would just use it for what you purchased it for...carry. The PSP is a very nice gun once you learn how to use it's features. I will second the practice with a PSP before you carry it for real. I personally like the heal release but if you are not used to it you will be slower. Some heal release pistols will not just "drop" a mag, you actually have to pull the mag out because of the guide spring, so if the mag doesn't just drop, don't think it is a malfunction.

However, if the spare funds are available, get a referb or a "b" (used) PSP and carry it instead of the NIB. If it fits your wife's hands perfectly, that is what you want her to use.

Interesting to see this thread revived.

Well, we thought about another P7, but even a used one can be pretty pricey and so we decided to go with something a bit cheaper, smaller and lighter - the Beretta Nano.
She managed to find a gently used one here on the NWF site for $420 with a standard 6 round mag and a 6 round mag with the grip extension. It is a very solidly built 9mm with a single-stack polymer frame that's a perfect size for her hand and for purse carry.

We took it to TCGC last weekend to put it through its paces on the action range and she loves it - very low recoil with excellent accuracy for its size. The top end looks very much like a G26 and since she's used to shooting my G19, the sight picture was very familiar to her.

So all-in-all she's very happy, and she doesn't have to worry about banging up her new P7.

And the new P7 and its 7 mags are sitting in the safe for the time-being. But that doesn't mean we can't decide to shoot it at some point down the road. Heck, I wouldn't mind carrying it myself. As I said earlier, it is one of the most beautiful pieces of German engineering I have ever seen - neglecting my 81 year old mother-in-law's 911 Carrera! :s0114:.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top