JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was told 11 years ago I could special order a vinyl floor in a truck. ''Special order''! :s0140:

I liked it when they had drain plugs so you could wash them out on the inside.
Remember those? [Oh God. I just dated myself]. :s0002:

Yep!
reminds me...

A very-long-time family friend had an El Camino that leaked and flooded the floorboards. My dad saw him bailing it out with a sponge and told him that he should "shoot a hole through it."
The friend said "good idea" and, instead of going into the shop for a drill, pulled a .38 from his back and followed my dad's advice literally.

I have two trucks... ones 19 years old, the other's 20. Both have been daily drivers, but since there's only one of me I usually can only drive one

1996 F150 has full vinyl floors... I do hose them out when they get dirty
1997 F250 HD has carpet and leather and fabric and bubblegum, so no hosing it out. But I also don't get it all filthy. In fact, the whole truck was in perfect condition, inside and out, until I hit a 1' bollard no one on earth ever could have seen at the Wells Fargo tower downtown, and scraped the bubblegum out of the passenger side, last winter. :mad:

Still looks great on the driver's side though. And inside.

Our daily driver is a 94 Land Cruiser, It has enough comforts over the 83 Land Cruiser we used to have, to make a real difference in comfort (AC, AT, power windows, and disc brakes on all 4). But, I miss the simplicity of the carbureted engine and manual tranny. Id like the "luxury" of being able to push start it if the battery fails, or roll the window down when the electric motor fails.

I'd love to buy a new truck. The only "options" I want are power windows and maybe AC.
I don't want carpet on the floors, just rubber.
Vinyl bench seats.
5 speed (or bring back 3 on the tree like I learned)
No cruise. No navigation. Hell, I'd be fine with an AM tape deck.

I want to know that I'm in my truck. I don't have to worry about things. I'm not driving a Cadillac.

You just can't get a plain ol' pickup anymore.

You need to look for used fleet vehicles - those are pretty basic for the most part and regularly maintained (yea there are some that are hammered but people like me kept them clean and spotless with only 150k on them).

Otherwise, like mentioned - you have to special order it without the bells and whistles AND last time I checked it cost MORE then one off the lot!!!!!:mad:

Not sure what my next truck will be... probably something used, as always. I can't even imagine paying full price for these things... who had $50 sitting around to drop on a stupid vehicle? And forget financing - I've owed people money before....... done with that.

Probably be another F250, just newer. The '97 is starting to fall apart - literally. You know how they get... doors start getting rattly, handles start breaking off, stuff stops working. I'm gonna get tired of trying to keep it "nice" eventually, and I have no use for TWO "beater" trucks.

I've sorta tried to sell the F150 a couple times, but it's kinda rough looking. Mechanically sound... IL6 300 5-speed... can't kill it. But it's been a work truck its life, and looks like it. So people come look at it and are just like "you say it's a runner, huh?" like I'm lying. Now it's semi retired and just hauls my bikes and climbing gear and garbage on the weekends.

My pickup (08) was in the shop a few months back so the dealership that I bought it from rented me a 2016 Yukon XL. That thing had all that crap. Not only heated but AC seats that would vibrate when you got closer than it appreciated to something. It also had a display in the cluster that would show you in relation to the lines on the road and turn yellow or red if you got too close or crossed a solid lineo_O

And don't get me started on the self driving/auto braking crap. Everytime I see a commercial for an auto braking or accident avoiding car, I can't help but wonder, what if I have to get myself out of a situation where I would have to do some rubbing to escape?;)

Heated seats are like peeing your pants...
...without the smell!
Ain't technology grand!!

Try to take away her heated seats, and my wife will rend you! Can't live without them!
I hate the things! I enjoy sliding in between cold sheets or an icy car seat! Wakes you up, makes you feel alive!
Or....am I just odd? o_O

To the spirit of the thread, though... And don't take a sip of coffee or eat a bite of food before you read this:

I can't wait for self-driving cars.

I'd love to buy a new truck. The only "options" I want are power windows and maybe AC.
I don't want carpet on the floors, just rubber.
Vinyl bench seats.
5 speed (or bring back 3 on the tree like I learned)
No cruise. No navigation. Hell, I'd be fine with an AM tape deck.

I want to know that I'm in my truck. I don't have to worry about things. I'm not driving a Cadillac.

You just can't get a plain ol' pickup anymore.

Actually if you buy a "fleet" rig you can still get one with manual locks and windows and no cruise

Try to take away her heated seats, and my wife will rend you! Can't live without them!
I hate the things! I enjoy sliding in between cold sheets or an icy car seat! Wakes you up, makes you feel alive!
Or....am I just odd? o_O

Very well ODD and very well alive my friend. I like creature comforts even a caveman would like open flooring so if the brakes go out I can Fred Flintstone the thing & stop....:oops::oops::oops::p

ugh, problem is, they've done this to trucks also. I bought a new GMC 3/4 ton a few years ago when my suburban blew up. It was fine for a while, until I took it off-road for the first time. It handles like a golf cart offroad... "adaptive stability control" they say, well, pretty much it makes sure you get stuck if you even look at soft sand.

In the mean time I rebuilt my 1990 jeep cherokee, still needs some work, but the truck just sits waiting for towing (sometimes the jeep) or moving heavy equipment. It's fantastic for that, it's absolute garbage offroad.

Most of these new vehicles are complicated piles of garbage meant to meet a set of regulations that are quickly approaching the limit of thermodynamics. It's not good for the consumers or the industry.

I keep thinking about building a hybrid... high power electric wheel motors driven by supercapacitors, fed by a small caterpillar diesel engine running a genset. Just like a train. The advantage is, no more complicated drive train to get screwed up, and even better, with wheel motors, you no longer need an axle. 100% ground clearance!

Self driving cars... that's one way to get idiots off the road.
if u have a traction control button you should be able to press it to disable TC. now, if you press and hold it for 10-30seconds it will disable TC and stabilitrak for the remainder of the ignition cycle.;)

image.jpeg They should start a website called, www.buzzkill.com

For you boring fellas still wearing rustler jeans from 1971, try this ride.

Wouldn't that be awesome though?

I'd like to see several control settings.... starting with something basic, like cruise control, then semi-auto where it just cruises along the road you're on, negotiating traffic and traffic control devices but still needing you for navigation, all the way up to "dead drunk mode" - just fall into the back seat and slur "car... take me [hicup] home plez"

And it drags your sorry bubblegum home

A sensor could go bad. Or mud and road debris could blind it.
But if you keep them clean. Their more likely to work and keep an eye on the road ahead, than the teenage girl texting in the lane next to you. ;)

Also the sonar sensor used on the forward assist breaking can see the car in front of the car in front of you when it slam on the breaks.

We can't always do that.

No. Were gona bubblegum for a while about these changes. People always have.
Then one day they will just be what is. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR