JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ray,

I'm from the South, so I have a habit of pronouncing vowels with a long drawl. When I first saw your screen name, I read it as "Slow-Bray". Got a good chuckle when it dawned on me that it was "Slob Ray".

Howard,

To be honest, I guess that both "slow" and "bray" could be words used to describe me also, as on more than a few occasions I have been called slow [witted] and told that I sound like a jackass.

Ray

Well I finally looked that term up myself. What a wide and wonderful new world of terms have become available - where have I been? Grundel Hawk, Satan's Grundel, Grundel Baby, some weird azz stuff out there o_O damn, I have to say my view of the works has officially been tainted :rolleyes:

View attachment 360401

Wasn't there a song way back, something like,

"Does your grundel lose its flavor, on the bed post overnight?"
"If your mother says don't chew it, do you swallow it in spite?"
And so on. :cool:

This discussion reminds me of a true story.

Long ago, a young Indian Buck asked his Dad how his Sister got her name. I look over hill, and see deer running, so I name her Running Deer. Well then, how'd my Brother get his name? I look at top of tree and see Eagle. I name him High Eagle. Why do you ask, Two Dogs Bubble-Gumming?

WAYNO.

This discussion reminds me of a true story.

Long ago, a young Indian Buck asked his Dad how his Sister got her name. I look over hill, and see deer running, so I name her Running Deer. Well then, how'd my Brother get his name? I look at top of tree and see Eagle. I name him High Eagle. Why do you ask, Two Dogs Bubble-Gumming?

WAYNO.

Completely inappropriate, not to mention culturally insensitive.
I laughed anyways. I'm a bad man. :s0114:

I've really been enjoying my limited time on Northwest Firearms forums. Recently I started paying attention to the screen names. Some people, like me, use their real names. Many use a pseudonym. I "get" a few of them, since they tell me a little bit about the person's interests. Others are out there. So, anyone care to explain why you're using a pseudonym, and why the one you're using?

Why not publish your address and social security number too? Identity theft starts with your real name -- why make it easy?

I do not have a issue with pseudonyms or nicknames.
They can be fun , clever and otherwise entertaining.
But...
It can be difficult for me to take someone serious who has a goofy screen name.... Plus I also like to take ownership of what I post.
Andy

I just changed my handle to a "pseudonym". A little anonymity is good I guess. I'm the same guy that used <<<that Chuck Norris texas tuxedo pic before.
I am blessed with chronic cluster migraines and have learned to accept the suck. I had to create an xbox live account years ago so I could play Halo with my son, the correct spelling was already taken, so I've used this spelling ever since.

Re my prior about SWATting by leftwing domestic terrorists like Bloomers... here, have some reading material from my old editor and a few others who've been Downrange of it.

The 911 Call and 80+ Members of Congress
Patterico's Pontifications » Convicted Bomber Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser, Ron Brynaert, and Their Campaign of Political Terrorism
Mir Islam, Who SWATted Me in 2013, Has Been Sentenced to Two Years in Prison
Conservatives targets of 'SWAT-ing'
Katie Pavlich - The Left's Dangerous New Line of Attack: SWATting

Ironically, Patterico is an L.A. County prosecutor, but he's surprisingly one of the good guys.

Hello,
I joined last week. Mine is just a play on my actual last name, I think is funny how the white guilt make people try to go around the spelling as if I was a snowflake! It is on here as I pronounce it Poorass. As far as my avatar I like Billy Bob, he was as slick as a buttered up baby seal. By no mean do I subscribe to that wacky left wing ideology, its just irony. I was raised by a single mother I am still afraid off. She though us 3 boys to be real men of integrity and respect. Born in paradise by chance, lived and raised in the USA by choice. Go ahead and comment, I won't melt.

I had a 1979 Harley FX Shovelhead that I was doing some custom work to including painting it flat black. In every picture I had taken of it it would look like a motorcycle shaped void because the paint absorbed all of the flash. Hence darkshovel1979, thought it sounded cool have been using it ever since.

I had a 1979 Harley FX Shovelhead that I was doing some custom work to including painting it flat black. In every picture I had taken of it it would look like a motorcycle shaped void because the paint absorbed all of the flash. Hence darkshovel1979, thought it sounded cool have been using it ever since.
Why don't you post one of the pictures of your bike?

IMG_1811.JPG
Why don't you post one of the pictures of your bike?
That was MANY motorcycles ago! Haha
I'm currently riding 2016 HD Dyna Fat Bob, at least until I put it on the sales floor for consignment. Working for a HD dealership has a few perks

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top