1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

whose got cheap AR pistol barrels and help me dress 'er up.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Ronin Tech, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Ronin Tech

Ronin Tech Snohomish Member

looking to put a junk build together, looking for a "decent" $100ish, 9~10.5 inch 5.56 barrel with a black coating for a pistol I'm cobbling together.

cheaper the better, but am trying to get the best for my money, we all know the game i'm trying to play here, i usually go with nothing less than a rainier arms select, but this is literately just going to be a junk gun made up of all the spare parts I've accumulated over the years and the only thing I'm missing is the barrel...

seemed like these were everywhere 6~12 months ago, can't find anything that looks decent at this time, little help?

this is the best i could find, do i have other options and what do you guys know about them?

side note, what do you guys think, should i do a storm trooper theme or go with a snow/white based camo? I've already painted the receivers and such white, trying to decide to call it good or go with a camo hydrodip over the top of the white rattle can job i've done? it's going to be a beater gun so i expect the white to chip/flake off showing the black ano underneath...maybe the white/black camo pattern would help with this?
  2. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good deal on the barrel. I've seen some that aren't even nitrided, just parkerized.
    Ronin Tech likes this.