JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK this is taken from the Four Corners Rod and Gun Club Jan 2014 Newsletter. I know nothing but what I am posting here.

Let’s start with some local news. Word has it that there will soon be an indoor range opening here in Salem. This is what is known so far. It will be located at 1400 Sunnyview St NE in Salem and is scheduled to open around mid January. The range will have six 20 yard rifle/pistol shooting lanes with retrievable targets. Two of the lanes will be capable of handling cartridges up to 50 BMG. There reportedly will also be a training simulator and a large selection of guns, ammo (no limit) and accessories. There will also be classes, beginner’s safety, concealed carry, self-defense, and gun rentals (a good thing for those who want to try before buying). To begin with, the range tentatively is scheduled to be open between 9 AM and 9 PM seven days a week. Walk-ins will be welcome but there will also be memberships available with members getting priority and free lane time. No word yet on what it will cost to shoot there if you are not a member. The price of a year’s membership was reported to be $400 although the source was not certain on the figure. You may go to tritacshooting.com to track the progress of the range, map, ammo, etc. More information as it becomes available.

If I find out more I will pass it along. Hopefully these guys make a go of it.

I knew the instant that I posted this here it would be crapped on. I should sell lottery numbers.

I wasn't crapping on it. Just a little shocked at the fee.
Seriously there are a lot of farmers out around that have backdrop hills
in their back 40's that will rent the area to shooters that are courteous and clean up.
They need the $$ and it works out well for all. You can get longer ranges.
A portable bench and a good target stand is all you need then.
I shoot rifle more than handgun and like 100 to 300 yd ranges to shoot.
For people that shoot handgun more than long gun, the 20 yarders are fine.
$400 to me sounds like a lot for a short range, but I guess not if you shoot handgun
3 or 4 times a week.
I am glad to see any new range start up though.

Why not charge competively with 4 corners? I don't see any great advantage to going to a range that has fewer lanes with shorter range. I have never been to 4 corners when I didn't get a lane to shoot in, plus its nice to be outside if you choose to get away from the lead fumes, no I'm sorry I just don't see it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews