JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's mine ATM...

886D43AB-53CB-4C67-BA44-05AB212DF916.gif

Better owned by CZ than extinct. They did a pretty good job with DW. Let's see how it goes with Colt.

A thought on foreign ownership: The people of the Czech Republic are acutely aware of how precious Freedom is. It's not like S&W being bought by the Brits.

It will be interesting to see what comes of their outstanding .gov contracts if they are majority owned by a foreign company. Although many will point out this may be moot because those were drying up anyway due to the competition.

Last Edited:
Looks like Colt is being bought buy CZ. Probably the best thing that could of happened to colt. If CZ handles colt like they have done with Dan Wesson it should be a huge success once we get passed Colt being owned by a foreign country company. Thoughts?
Just because CZ is Foreign does not make it inferior. Are you a HK fan; Glock fan; AUG fan? Great guns are made in Europe, too. Also, Czechia is a gun-toting country, so that is even better.

It will be interesting to see what comes of their outstanding .gov contracts if they are majority owned by a foreign company. Although many will point out this may be moot because those were drying up anyway due to the competition.

CZ has been manufacturing their striker fired pistols here in the US for a year or two now. Might make a difference picking up contracts.

I'd think CZ purchasing Colt could only be a good thing. Colt's in trouble and seems to be managed by nincompoops.
CZ builds fine guns and knows how to market them.
My Dan Wesson is a very well manufactured firearm. In fact, it's the only 1911 I've kept for myself after owning many from several manufacturers, including Colt.

I'm all for it.

CZ is a good company that makes decent firearms and has great customer service.

I own 2 CZ pistols and a CZ over/under shotgun (manufactured by HUGLU but rebranded as CZ)

Had to have warranty work done to my O/U as the barrel selector wasn't working right. sent it back to them without the case all wrapped up in bubble wrap. they sent progress reports weekly, and sent my gun back with the barrel selector all fixed up, and returned in a brand new case with new velvet socks free of charge. (so now I have 2 cases for it LOL but was never my intent to score a free case. I just didn't trust my case to not end up broken by fedex.

Point is CZ may be foreign owned but has a strong US presence, great customer service, and make great firearms at a reasonable price for what you're getting. IMO they can only improve Colt.

Imagine buying the rights for pennies on the dollar to what would become the most popular civilian sporting rifle in US history that would also be adopted by the US military as the standard issue firearm for 50+ years and counting. Then losing the US military contract to a foreign competitor. Then leaving the civilian market for YOUR rifle during an era of unprecedented demand. Then finally being gobbled up entirely by a different foreign competitor. That is Colt.

Yet for all that, Colt remains an American icon of firearms.

Just because CZ is Foreign does not make it inferior. Are you a HK fan; Glock fan; AUG fan? Great guns are made in Europe, too. Also, Czechia is a gun-toting country, so that is even better.
Never said they are inferior im a huge CZ fan own a DW valor and 715. Just ask for opinions.

:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads