JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's taken me a while to get round to this, so here goes!

I'm an implant from the UK, and come from a small town on the south coast that some of you may have heard of called Southampton. We have the dubious honour of being the place that the Titanic was launched from. We sailed away from that port when the family went off to Australia in the early seventies. My father ended up working for Quantas for a while.

After that, we shifted to Rhodesia (as it was then) and both my parents joined the Rhodesian Air Force (my father is ex Royal Air Force and my youngest sister is a current serving member of her majesties armed forces). It was here that I discovered air rifles, and guns in general. We went back to the UK, much to my dismay, in '83...and any hopes of persuing a passion for firearms was quickly dashed.

I did end up working for the defense industry for a while, and stayed on civvy street despite trying to get into the Navy at one point(I did love sailing, and ended up racing dingies and 30 footers for about 5 years) not long after getting back into the UK (long story, but you had to have been back in the country two years prior to applying).

I had the pleasure of designing the electronics and writing the code(I 'was' an electronics engineer for a while) for an automated gun barrel measuring system for use by the Royal Air Force as well as the Army. We nearly got a contract to fit out the Bradley Armoured Fighting vehicle with the same system, but I recall that there was some scandal about DOD procurements that killed that deal.

Anyways, got to visit the Picatiny Arsenal in Ledgewood on the back of that, although they could not show me anything interesting...Oh Well!

Nowadays, I am an Oregon resident and 'very' happy with the transition. I decided to rekindle my love of shooting recently and started out with a Ruger 10/22, then another, then a SIG P226, then a Savage 12 VLP in .223......then the TCGC and now reloading, in...oh! Three months I think :)

This place is fantastic, the beer is awesome, and I get to persue some of the things I love (skiing, biking, drinking beer, shooting.....not necessarily all at the same time, or all in that order)

Maybe I'll see you on the range...I'm that guy with the Savage wondering if it's the 'load' or my shooting that caused the flyer that turned my .4" group into a 1" disaster....

Happy Shooting!

My wife lived in Eastbourne for several years and attended the University of Sussex. To make a long story short, we met on a blind date when she was back here visiting her family in the U.S.; visiting on Holiday from University. I visited her there for a few weeks back in about 1977 after we had become engaged and she was living over there and before she moved back to the States; (it was a long distance romance!). :)

Loved England with all of it's history, but sad to see what it has become these days.

My wife lived in Eastbourne for several years and attended the University of Sussex. To make a long story short, we met on a blind date when she was back here visiting her family in the U.S.; visiting on Holiday from University. I visited her there for a few weeks back in about 1977 after we had become engaged and she was living over there and before she moved back to the States; (it was a long distance romance!). :)

Loved England with all of it's history, but sad to see what it has become these days.

Going back to the UK at 18 having lived away from it all those years..I really struggled with it....the early 80's was not a good time. I made the most of it, and it took me way longer to get out than it should (I got caught up in the whole 'career' thing I guess). Went back to visit family a few years ago.....not doing that again unless I absolutely have to!

Going back to the UK at 18 having lived away from it all those years..I really struggled with it....the early 80's was not a good time. I made the most of it, and it took me way longer to get out than it should (I got caught up in the whole 'career' thing I guess). Went back to visit family a few years ago.....not doing that again unless I absolutely have to!

If you do get a yearning for a taste of home, I do have a tin of Spotted Dick that I could give to you. My wife bought it as a joke for me as I couldn't believe there was food with that name. I have NOT tried it, on my wife's advice. :s0114:

If you do get a yearning for a taste of home, I do have a tin of Spotted Dick that I could give to you. My wife bought it as a joke for me as I couldn't believe there was food with that name. I have NOT tried it, on my wife's advice. :s0114:

What! Not tried it...dude, that stuff is awesome.....my American girlfriend was 'really' suspicious of the tinned 'dick' and a few othe treats, but believe me, it's just a spnge cake with raisins in it. Get some Devon custard to go with it and your set! Now, she's the one who goes to the Brit stores to buy it (although it's also available in FM)

What! Not tried it...dude, that stuff is awesome.....my American girlfriend was 'really' suspicious of the tinned 'dick' and a few othe treats, but believe me, it's just a spnge cake with raisins in it. Get some Devon custard to go with it and your set! Now, she's the one who goes to the Brit stores to buy it (although it's also available in FM)

Haaah! There's a Brit store in Lake Oswego where my wife goes when she needs a fix of Brit stuff! Usually buys some biscuits, ( cookies to us yanks).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top