JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Always looked like a cool way to catfish. More of a southern thing though. You go out into shallow back waters with something like empty bleach bottles with short lines with hooks tied to them. Bait up the hooks, set a group of "Jugs" floating loose in the water, and wait. The jugs will bob around telling you you've got something. then you just boat over, pick up the jug, pull in the line with the fish on it! Simple....

The guy has his little daughter on the kayak behind him.

He may not have gotten a catfish, but I think I know another way to go after gators now. ;)

That aside, I should try this whenever I get a boat and time for catfish.

Yep that right there would create a sense of panic like the first time I saw Jaws!!!!!
Back in the day down south I fished for catfish with rod & reel, trotlines, bush Hooks and jugs, they all got results with catfish and a few other various creatures but never gator.
Imagine the immense fear when pulling up a jug, Trotline or bush hook and they're being a water moccasin or cottonmouth on the end of it, I used to release those with a machete....o_O

Never heard of it...

Lol, I did that in Alabama.

1020532074139.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR