JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What kind of flooring material are you asking about?
Removal of pressure adhesive from concrete. The stuff used to lay commercial carpet tile, typically 2x2. It stays sticky for eternity so pieces can be replaced. Best I can tell is gallons of adhesive remover and a knee replacement.

Good information until I got to this part, "Regardless of which product or system you choose to use, you will have to prepare the existing adhesive residue. The existing adhesives must be mechanically scraped down to a bare residue flat with the substrate. Do not use solvent or liquid cleaners to remove old adhesive." This can't be done with this stuff. Everything I have read says to use adhesive remover and a scraper. I need to make sure the adhesive remover will not harm the new flooring. This adhesive is like soft gooey contact cement, only thicker. I'll ask @11Charlie.

Once you scrape the glue form the floor does it harden up or does it stay sticky? Can you post some pictures of the area? Do you know what year the floor was installed originally?

Once you scrape the glue form the floor does it harden up or does it stay sticky? Can you post some pictures of the area? Do you know what year the floor was installed originally?
It's been about 10 years. The adhesive stays the consistency of slime that kids play with and does not dry. I balls up.

Home Depot rents these machines. Make sure you use a new blade. Sure beats a hand scraper.

1572216180377.png

Are you sure you can't just go over it with your new floor? I mean leave the existing flooring in place.
Yes, because it's impossible to get the floor clean enough. It's like walking around on contact cement. I'll get it off with adhesive remover and a scraper. It will be a chore, but it has to be done.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top