JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Read the article. My question would be why is Barrett making 6mm ARC rifles for the US military? They are using the REC7 DI platform. There was nothing said about them changing out the upper when they have built them. It seems that a firm like Barrett would have worked through issues of pressure etc. Of course it is not hand loading the ammo to its max pressure either

While I have had what I would call premature failure of an extractor on a Kak 7.62x39 bolt I have yet to break any lugs. This KaK bolt has close to 5000 rds on it now and I also have another 7.62x39 build with a Young manufacturing bolt assembly with well North of 5000 rds with zero failures. Of course my use doesn't equate to torture testing but for the hunters, competition shooters, or casual plinkers, I would think a bolt could be made plenty robust for the 6mm arc. Woa makes some good barrels but maybe they need to contract with a company like Young manufacturing to make their bolts.

While I have had what I would call premature failure of an extractor on a Kak 7.62x39 bolt I have yet to break any lugs. This KaK bolt has close to 5000 rds on it now and I also have another 7.62x39 build with a Young manufacturing bolt assembly with well North of 5000 rds with zero failures. Of course my use doesn't equate to torture testing but for the hunters, competition shooters, or casual plinkers, I would think a bolt could be made plenty robust for the 6mm arc. Woa makes some good barrels but maybe they need to contract with a company like Young manufacturing to make their bolts.
Brownells is the point company for BA 6mm ARC barrels. Talking with their tech people the 6mm ARC will use a 6.5 Grendel Type 2 bolt which will go into a standard sized 5.56 BCG.

Is the bolt pictured in the link from a 6MM ARC ?... or just a graphic example ?
I did not realize WOA didn't produce / sell 6.5G sized barrels and bolts.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top