JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
p1010250_550.jpg

Sonic and White castle are only good if you have sentimental value attached. take that away and you have awful burgers. There are so many great food chains from the midwest, how come the awful ones get all the props.

Portillo's Hot dogs, Lou Mulnati's and Girdano's Pizza, Culvers burgers and shakes. Potbelly's subs.

Makes me want to go visit Chicago again just for the food.

Sonic and White castle are only good if you have sentimental value attached. take that away and you have awful burgers. There are so many great food chains from the midwest, how come the awful ones get all the props.

Portillo's Hot dogs, Lou Mulnati's and Girdano's Pizza, Culvers burgers and shakes. Potbelly's subs.

Makes me want to go visit Chicago again just for the food.

I disagree.
The reason WC burgs are good is because they are cooked on a bed of onions, and the bun is like those King's Hawaiian Rolls you get at Thanksgiving.

I didn't know the WC fables when I first tried one. I discovered it was a magical wonderland of flava though.
I later found out about the cult following.

In-And-Out is a different story. I kept hearing how awesome they were, and when I tried it, I was like................MEH.............

I tried it dozens of times after that (because my buddies all wanted to go there) I finally found the DDAS and it was a really good combo.

5-guys, I heard the fables, and was stoked to try it. First was the Bacon Cheeseburger.............MEH..........second time was the single that everyone professes to love..........MEH. I thought I found a Gold MINE when I discovered it here. I was sad.
The fries..........greasy.......potato-ey.............MEH........

To say White Castle is awful means that your taste-buds are broken.:s0114::s0114:

I do think that In-And-Out burgers are popular for the "cool factor" and not the flava.

I grew up in White Castle country. Then, moved to NC (for 10 long years) where there were none. When I moved from East coast to west coast 7 years ago, all my wife (GF at time) heard me talk about was making it to Indiana for some White Castle (and of course to Chicago for real deep dish pizza). Ends up the one we found first was NEXT DOOR to the plant where they made all those little square patties!
DAMN. OK, whose up for a road trip??!! Cocktailer...
FWIW, those frozen ones will do in a pinch, but you have to micro them for a very precise amount of time, NOT 2 seconds longer!) But it is like drinking a Bud when you have a hankerin' for an Oktoberfest on tap.

I work with a bunch of guys who all moved out here from Chicago in 2006. With them, White castle is "love it" or "hate it". Theres no middle ground. Sonic is the same way. The all do agree on Culver's though. "Five guys" is an East coast thing I think since that's where I've seen most of them. Had a good burger in Charlotte. Have not tried an "In and Out" burger so Can't say.
I grew up in Seattle and "Dicks" was the place to get burgers. Years later I had one and thought...What did I see in these.

I grew up in White Castle country. Then, moved to NC (for 10 long years) where there were none. When I moved from East coast to west coast 7 years ago, all my wife (GF at time) heard me talk about was making it to Indiana for some White Castle (and of course to Chicago for real deep dish pizza). Ends up the one we found first was NEXT DOOR to the plant where they made all those little square patties!
DAMN. OK, whose up for a road trip??!! Cocktailer...
FWIW, those frozen ones will do in a pinch, but you have to micro them for a very precise amount of time, NOT 2 seconds longer!) But it is like drinking a Bud when you have a hankerin' for an Oktoberfest on tap.

I didn't grow up in White Castle Country, but I lived in MI for 3 years.

I avoided it for the first 2 years because I really hate fast-food. I wish someone would have just MADE me eat one when I first moved there.

When I go back to visit my fellow Wolverines, WC is the first stop near 8-Mile for a bag of 10 burgers. (Each burger is about 1 big bite for those that don't know)

Also, when I go to Vegas, In-and-Out is the first stop off the plane. My buddies need their fix. It's OK, but not WC.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top