Where to shoot outdoors near Kitsap county

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by 440volt, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 440volt

440volt
    Port Orchard, Washington USA

My favorite forestry company owned land is no longer available (see pic) IMG_20170715_084323892.jpg . That was an hour drive from my house to the site in Mason county. The prosecutors office vendetta to get Marcus Carter and the Kitsap rifle and revolver club has to date restricted shooting to a 5 acre parcel minimum in the county. I'm not looking for an area to train a 100 man militia and due to old age taking it's toll on my body I'm no longer as able to hike far either.
    SOOOO, anyone know of State owned or any land that is not overrun with ATV's, joggers, hikers and such within an hours drive or so that I can go send some rounds downrange and won't invite a visit from the local gendarmes?

2. Koda

Koda
    Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

privatize our public lands... yay.

maybe look into Tahuya or Capitol State forest land....? (While its still public)

3. AK0perator47

AK0perator47
    Western Washington

Where is that at? We go to a place in Mason county around NF2340 and the steel bridge.

4. 440volt

440volt

That is about a mile South of Steel Bridge, before the fork to Brown Creek.

5. AK0perator47

AK0perator47
    Western Washington

Right but is that the area where you go? If not it is still around an hour from Port Orchard.

6. 440volt

440volt

That is the area that I USED to go to, not wanting to risk my 2nd Amendment rights with some BS arrest, I am looking for somewhere else. I made the 100 mile round trip many times over the years, but apparently the timber company wants to keep everyone out (see pic).