JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I cannot answer that but if you are using it for shooting I would consider making the change to a substitute. I was in a similar situation and was in Bi-Mart one day and saw a can of Pyrodex on the shelf and thought what the heck, time to at least try it. Quite frankly I was pleasantly surprised. It has more 'ummph' than BP and if you do not get to cleaning for a few days it is much more forgiving as it does not start to corrode as quickly. Just my 2c based on personal experience.

Mark-60 for a Cannon if your going to be using a lot of powder your a lot better off buying it on line from Powder Inc. You can buy a 10lb order with shipping and Haz Mat for a lot less then retail. All that is required is a form be filled out and emailed or faxed to them,

Sulfur, Salt Peter (potassium nitrate) and charcoal and a motor and pestal.
Local Biological and chemical supply house.
:buttrock:

Last time I bought powder it was from Jack's Powder Keg in Louisiana, 25 lbs with shipping and hazmat ended up about $12 a pound. Making your own and getting a consistant product is a giant pain, plus slightly dangerous.

Mark-60 for a Cannon if your going to be using a lot of powder your a lot better off buying it on line from Powder Inc. You can buy a 10lb order with shipping and Haz Mat for a lot less then retail. All that is required is a form be filled out and emailed or faxed to them,

Thanks! I'll look into that.

I'm probably going to get a BP canon or mortar with my upcoming bonus.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews