JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think I found a less than perfect solution to my search. It's going to cost some more fiat paper but it should scratch the itch for a conventional looking rifle stock that can be used with a limited selection of AR type uppers. If the deal goes through tomorrow, I will post a pic of the stock.

I think I found a less than perfect solution to my search. It's going to cost some more fiat paper but it should scratch the itch for a conventional looking rifle stock that can be used with a limited selection of AR type uppers. If the deal goes through tomorrow, I will post a pic of the stock.
Calling it 'fiat paper' to diminutize it… it's okay, it's just fiat paper, you don't need to worry about pissing it away LOL….

It is all fun and games until my tax dollars get spent on taking care of oldsters who could never be bothered to save.

Calling it 'fiat paper' to diminutize it… it's okay, it's just fiat paper, you don't need to worry about pissing it away LOL….

It is all fun and games until my tax dollars get spent on taking care of oldsters who could never be bothered to save.
Enjoy your dollars while they are still worth something. Giving them to the government isn't enjoyable. The government creates any dollars they need.

1711209963717.png
Will a stock Monte Carlo work?

Right… right, the people who sacrifice and save are the fools….

Hey look there's a squirrel!
If both the Dollar value stayed high and the ROI on savings accounts, and CDs kept pace with real world inflation; then yeah, it's smart to keep saving. But that's not happening.

Same sort of thing with wages. Average Wages for the bottom 90% have not kept pace with inflation for the last 30-odd years, not counting CEO/Top 10% earning wages.

Edit. Back on topic. I still think a cheek pad/riser on an A1/A2 fixed stock is the closest to an AR Monte Carlo stock while keeping standard AR ergonomics/parts, short of the Pirate AR lower with the special BCG system

Last Edited:
If both the Dollar value stayed high and the ROI on savings accounts, and CDs kept pace with real world inflation; then yeah, it's smart to keep saving. But that's not happening.

Same sort of thing with wages. Average Wages for the bottom 90% have not kept pace with inflation for the last 30-odd years, not counting CEO/Top 10% earning wages.

Edit. Back on topic. I still think a cheek pad/riser on an A1/A2 fixed stock is the closest to an AR Monte Carlo stock while keeping standard AR ergonomics/parts, short of the Pirate AR lower with the special BCG system
I found a solution, it should work great with my manual loading uppers.

1000002874.jpg

I know you're building a manual action, so would this include an un-sprung "return to battery"?
Does it mate up with a standard AR-15 upper (obviously un-gassed with a modified BCG), or are you limited to the FM upper/BCG?
You can use a standard AR15 upper. My manual loading side chargering uppers do not have a "sprung return" to battery. You pull the charging handle back to unlock the bolt and push the charging handle forward to close the bolt.

This photo shows a foxtrot mike bcg from a Ranch Rifle upper. I bought a cutdown bcg from a NWFA member a year or two ago and it is about this length. If I can find it, I will try it out with a standard AR15 upper on my Foxtrot Mike Ranch Rifle lower. I will be building it up as a pistol first and than a rifle configuration.

1711293528976.jpeg

This video shows some firearms made with cut down bcgs and how they are manually fired.

View: https://youtu.be/P3AKtsxV4YA?feature=shared

I have an SCR-02 lower that I built out for a long range 6.5 Grendel. The result is a somewhat AR15 manual of arms for what I've dubbed a "mini-24" (US Army's M24 SWS).

When your barrel likes the ammunition, its good fun. However, if you're saving money with cheap steel case and have to clear jams regularly, the downward angle of the buffer system and weird ergonomics of charging handle/ocular bell of the scope is kind of a PITA... particularly if you need to mortar the rifle. Moreover, even with an extended magazine release button, you need giraffe fingers to reach it (without changing your hand position).

Its a vibe, for sure. Just kind of awkward.

411324128_1406213946946668_1053968467585377311_n.jpg 433270823_911452644111031_8114344728674088233_n.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top