JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I posted this on Gunboards, but i thought i'd share this with all of you too.

I bought a tin of Bulgarian heavy ball 7.62x54R at the last Oregon Collector's gun show last August. I opened it a few nights ago only to discover that the tin was NOT sealed and water must have gotten into it.

I cleaned up some of the OK ones, and fired some rounds at the machine gun shoot. A lot were dead and some had delayed firing - click-bang! I'm not taking a chance with the rest.

300 rounds of ruined ammo! I'm going to pull all the bullets, clean them, and see is a reloader wants to buy them.

Really pissed me off!!

If you bought from someone who sells regularly at show you should contact them and tell them, they might do something to make it right. Most vendors count on repeat business and the last thing they want you to do is go buy ammo somewhere else because of a bad experience. I bought a box that was supposed to be 500 rounds of reloads from one of the larger ammo sellers. I took home and put on strippers clips only to find I was actually short 10 or 15 rounds. At the next show when I was buying another box of 500 I asked if this in fact was 500 or approximately 500 and told of them of my shortage. Seller promptly walked over and grabbed a box of 20 rounds to make up shortage and apologized saying he didn’t want me to be buying my ammo somewhere else. If you did nothing wrong with storage and this is truly on them they should do something for you. And if they don’t you should let others know so they can beware before doing business with them.

It wasn't a "store." It was just some guy with some stuff at a table. I doubt i could recognize him if i saw him again. It wasn't a big loss of money; but any lost money is annoying.

This is pretty unusual. But in the future, i'll make sure that i squeeze the tins carefully and make sure there are no gaps in the seals.

Just part of the fun in Milsurp World!

Yup always a good idea to squeeze the bag before buying stale chips! If it holds air and doesn't deflate when squeezed... them's good chips (same goes for boolits!). :s0155:

I appeared to me that the solder sealing the lid gave way. I didn't notice when i bought it, but i know something was wrong at home when i picked it up and dust fell out of the seam. Some of the pack were a little moist, so i think it happened a long time ago since the evaporation rate would be very slow.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top