JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay so yesterday some friends and I decided to shoot AR's. My friend pulled his out and proceeded to load a mag up sat down at the bench to shoot and his rifle wouldn't pick-up the rounds he would pull the charging handle back load one round it would fire and then CLICK! it did this all day, its not the ammo or mags as we tried those in different guns and both were fine. So my question is does anyone have any insight as to what it might be, his gun is a bushy M4A3 with a CAA 6 pos. stock and everything else is factory assembled ant help would be greatly appreciated.

If I read that correctly....it would fire the 1st round, cycle enough to reset the hammer, but not strip a 2nd round?

Sounds like it's short stroking....

what ammo? ( can make a difference, I've had a few new guns that wouldn't cycle Wolf until they were broke in )

and check the key on the carrier, make sure it's tight and not leaking gas...

If I read that correctly....it would fire the 1st round, cycle enough to reset the hammer, but not strip a 2nd round?

This is correct. 1st type of ammo was silverbear 223 and the 2nd was 5.56 not sure of brand

his gun has probably 1000 rounds through it at the very least,not sure if thats considered broke in, I will tell him to check the key. Thank you for your help,its never fun when a gun doesn't want to function properly

The tube on top of the bolt carrier. It has 2 screws holding it on and it should not move. My Ar was doing the same thing and you could wiggle it with your hand. Factory forgot to stake in the screws.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top