JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

On my targets I list the case, and case volume, the primer and lot#, the powder and lot #, the bullet brand, weight and style. The volume of powder used and the color code used to distinguish what set and block the load came from. The same color code is applied to the primers, the log then the target. I keep other information that involves the cases if I find one brand or type of case out shooting another.
That way as time goes by I have a way to reproduce the same load.
Silver Hand

The lead in our schools water and the old downtown Portland buildings that people drink daily , seems like a more worth while crusade. And I am against our children getting contaminated by anything. At times we joke about things instead of getting upset.

If someone is buying screwed up ammo, I have some for sale as well.

Err, if the OP's original topic still applies, I would reprocess the stuff if the fodder comes cheap enough.
Speaking strictly for myself;
Pull and inspect, weigh all the bullets to sort, throw the primed brass in a wet clean tumbler before I deprime and throw the primers away. Resize, inspect and sort the brass. blend all the powder, give it my best shot at identifying it, find a known mild load go below and work up a load slowly.
I spent much of my earlier life where time was more available than money and make do, reuse, be creative was a way of life. After a fashion, rather sticks. Can be extremely satisfying (and frustrating). But then, since I was a kid, I never enjoyed watching tommy and his paranormal dog explore a mine shaft when I could be out doing it myself. No comparison between doing things as opposed to watching TV. It's amazing how much time TV sucks from ones finite life.
OK, I regress, preachen done.
Oh, Lead Rules!
Finally someone that thinks like I do.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA