JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I shoot a lot and my job is in a very noisy environment. So when I go shooting I am looking to preserve what hearing I have left. I wear shooting glasses and custom molded earplugs. My question is what earmuffs would allow me to wear my earplugs, safety glasses and still be able to shoot a rifle/shotgun without interfering with the stock? I am looking at the Howard Leight Leightning LOF ear muffs. Has anyone used these? I am looking for some opinions here. Thanks for the information.:s0155:

Disposable earplugs with a 30dB rating and Howard Leight slim muffs.
I double up...hearing is something that you dont get back once it's gone.
Some of the active-cancellation systems are nice but I haven't found a pair that I like yet.
J

Disposable earplugs with a 30dB rating and Howard Leight slim muffs.
I double up...hearing is something that you dont get back once it's gone.
Some of the active-cancellation systems are nice but I haven't found a pair that I like yet.
J

I hear ya about the noise cancellation muffs. I have some really nice form fitted ear plugs, but I am looking for some ear muffs to fit over them that will accommodate shooting glasses and still allow me to shoot a rifle with out getting in the way. Like you said hearing is something you can't get back!! I think that the biggest challenge for me is going to be finding some ear muffs that will let me shoot a long gun and not interfere.

I use the All Ears custom molded ear plugs from the supporting vendor on this forum. They are great! I couple them with muffs when I'm working Hunter Sight-In days at my range and even ported Magnums don't hurt my ears when I'm right by the shooter's bench!

I use the All Ears custom molded ear plugs from the supporting vendor on this forum. They are great! I couple them with muffs when I'm working Hunter Sight-In days at my range and even ported Magnums don't hurt my ears when I'm right by the shooter's bench!

What kind of ear muffs do you use?

I hear ya about the noise cancellation muffs. I have some really nice form fitted ear plugs, but I am looking for some ear muffs to fit over them that will accommodate shooting glasses and still allow me to shoot a rifle with out getting in the way. Like you said hearing is something you can't get back!! I think that the biggest challenge for me is going to be finding some ear muffs that will let me shoot a long gun and not interfere.

Heres what I use WITH earplugs:
http://www.howardleight.com/family/index/23

Actually just some cheap muffs I got. I think they are Silencio brand. I wasn't really concerned about getting really expensive muffs as they are my second line of defense if you will. Most of the time I just wear the custom molded ear plugs.

That is what my plan is also. Just trying to find the right pair of ear muffs.

Actually just some cheap muffs I got. I think they are Silencio brand. I wasn't really concerned about getting really expensive muffs as they are my second line of defense if you will. Most of the time I just wear the custom molded ear plugs.
I wear the same earmuffs, they're fairly slim so they don't interfere when shooting rifles.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top