JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I shoot a lot and my job is in a very noisy environment. So when I go shooting I am looking to preserve what hearing I have left. I wear shooting glasses and custom molded earplugs. My question is what earmuffs would allow me to wear my earplugs, safety glasses and still be able to shoot a rifle/shotgun without interfering with the stock? I am looking at the Howard Leight Leightning LOF ear muffs. Has anyone used these? I am looking for some opinions here. Thanks for the information.:s0155:

Disposable earplugs with a 30dB rating and Howard Leight slim muffs.
I double up...hearing is something that you dont get back once it's gone.
Some of the active-cancellation systems are nice but I haven't found a pair that I like yet.
J

Disposable earplugs with a 30dB rating and Howard Leight slim muffs.
I double up...hearing is something that you dont get back once it's gone.
Some of the active-cancellation systems are nice but I haven't found a pair that I like yet.
J

I hear ya about the noise cancellation muffs. I have some really nice form fitted ear plugs, but I am looking for some ear muffs to fit over them that will accommodate shooting glasses and still allow me to shoot a rifle with out getting in the way. Like you said hearing is something you can't get back!! I think that the biggest challenge for me is going to be finding some ear muffs that will let me shoot a long gun and not interfere.

I use the All Ears custom molded ear plugs from the supporting vendor on this forum. They are great! I couple them with muffs when I'm working Hunter Sight-In days at my range and even ported Magnums don't hurt my ears when I'm right by the shooter's bench!

I use the All Ears custom molded ear plugs from the supporting vendor on this forum. They are great! I couple them with muffs when I'm working Hunter Sight-In days at my range and even ported Magnums don't hurt my ears when I'm right by the shooter's bench!

What kind of ear muffs do you use?

I hear ya about the noise cancellation muffs. I have some really nice form fitted ear plugs, but I am looking for some ear muffs to fit over them that will accommodate shooting glasses and still allow me to shoot a rifle with out getting in the way. Like you said hearing is something you can't get back!! I think that the biggest challenge for me is going to be finding some ear muffs that will let me shoot a long gun and not interfere.

Heres what I use WITH earplugs:
http://www.howardleight.com/family/index/23

Actually just some cheap muffs I got. I think they are Silencio brand. I wasn't really concerned about getting really expensive muffs as they are my second line of defense if you will. Most of the time I just wear the custom molded ear plugs.

That is what my plan is also. Just trying to find the right pair of ear muffs.

Actually just some cheap muffs I got. I think they are Silencio brand. I wasn't really concerned about getting really expensive muffs as they are my second line of defense if you will. Most of the time I just wear the custom molded ear plugs.
I wear the same earmuffs, they're fairly slim so they don't interfere when shooting rifles.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top