JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lets remember rule

1. Be excellent to each other
Though this may sound a little 'out there', we couldn't phrase it better than our sixteenth president, Abraham Lincoln (captured on VHS circa 1989).

Websters defines excellent as "unusually good" or "much better than average". Our goal of welcoming all gun owners means you're likely to find a diverse group here. Going above and beyond when interacting with others you may disagree with is not easy, but it is a condition of your membership. You don't have to be warm and cuddly, but you do have to be courteous and respectful. When things get heated, simply avoid using the word you.

How you treat others here is a direct reflection on all gun owners, and believe us, people are watching. Opting for the high road is always the best choice, and arguing on the internet is pointless. Since we don't have time to babysit, we don't care who started it; most heated discussions result in both parties receiving a reminder. Continued friction between members is best dealt with via the ignore button.

This rule is purposely vague to inclusively prohibit a wide variety of rude, malicious, catty, sarcastic, hurtful, hateful, spiteful, barbed, and ornery behavior within the Northwest Firearms community including:

• General rudeness and disrespect (as outlined above).
  • Epithets, labels, and generalizations against another person or group of people, whether they are members here or not. These serve absolutely no purpose other than to divide us, directly opposite to our goal of uniting gun owners. This is especially relevant in regard to political labels (such as 'the liberal media', 'those right-wingers', and even 'left/right'). Pro-gun and anti-gun are the only labels that should be applied here, as we are a single issue community. This rule also applies to but is not limited to epithets, labels, and generalizations pertaining to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, ethnicity, nationality, occupation (such as law enforcement), and every other one you can think of. Disagreement over what constitutes a religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etcetra is not a legitimate excuse.
  • Using someone's affiliations as an ad hominem means of dismissing or discrediting their views regardless of whether said affiliations are mainstream. An example could be "you're a vegetarian, so what would you know about hunting?".
  • Linking to external attacks, harassment, or other material, for the purpose of attacking another member.
  • Comparing members to Nazis, dictators, or other infamous persons.
  • Accusations about personal behavior. If you believe a person's personal behavior is questionable, on or off the site, please contact a moderator.
  • Giving out personal information about another member, such as name, phone number, address, etc.

• Threats, including, but not limited to:
    • Threats of legal action.
    • Threats of violence or other off-site action (particularly death threats).
    • Threats of physical or electronic vandalism.
    • Threats or actions which deliberately expose other members to political, religious or other persecution by government, their employer or any others.
    • Threats to give out personal information about another member.
These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is prohibited regardless of the manner in which it is done.

As regards worrying about little Johnny getting blown away due to "Stand your ground" laws.... Don't do the crime if ya can't do the time!!!

Parents maybe should have been more worried about raising a good citizen earlier in lil Johnny's life.

Lets remember rule

1. Be excellent to each other
Though this may sound a little 'out there', we couldn't phrase it better than our sixteenth president, Abraham Lincoln (captured on VHS circa 1989).

Websters defines excellent as "unusually good" or "much better than average". Our goal of welcoming all gun owners means you're likely to find a diverse group here. Going above and beyond when interacting with others you may disagree with is not easy, but it is a condition of your membership. You don't have to be warm and cuddly, but you do have to be courteous and respectful. When things get heated, simply avoid using the word you.

How you treat others here is a direct reflection on all gun owners, and believe us, people are watching. Opting for the high road is always the best choice, and arguing on the internet is pointless. Since we don't have time to babysit, we don't care who started it; most heated discussions result in both parties receiving a reminder. Continued friction between members is best dealt with via the ignore button.

This rule is purposely vague to inclusively prohibit a wide variety of rude, malicious, catty, sarcastic, hurtful, hateful, spiteful, barbed, and ornery behavior within the Northwest Firearms community including:

• General rudeness and disrespect (as outlined above).
  • Epithets, labels, and generalizations against another person or group of people, whether they are members here or not. These serve absolutely no purpose other than to divide us, directly opposite to our goal of uniting gun owners. This is especially relevant in regard to political labels (such as 'the liberal media', 'those right-wingers', and even 'left/right'). Pro-gun and anti-gun are the only labels that should be applied here, as we are a single issue community. This rule also applies to but is not limited to epithets, labels, and generalizations pertaining to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, ethnicity, nationality, occupation (such as law enforcement), and every other one you can think of. Disagreement over what constitutes a religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etcetra is not a legitimate excuse.
  • Using someone's affiliations as an ad hominem means of dismissing or discrediting their views regardless of whether said affiliations are mainstream. An example could be "you're a vegetarian, so what would you know about hunting?".
  • Linking to external attacks, harassment, or other material, for the purpose of attacking another member.
  • Comparing members to Nazis, dictators, or other infamous persons.
  • Accusations about personal behavior. If you believe a person's personal behavior is questionable, on or off the site, please contact a moderator.
  • Giving out personal information about another member, such as name, phone number, address, etc.

• Threats, including, but not limited to:
    • Threats of legal action.
    • Threats of violence or other off-site action (particularly death threats).
    • Threats of physical or electronic vandalism.
    • Threats or actions which deliberately expose other members to political, religious or other persecution by government, their employer or any others.
    • Threats to give out personal information about another member.
These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is prohibited regardless of the manner in which it is done.
I can refrain from labels, but labels do not signify division. This country is already divided and political correctness (lying) doesn't change it. It's more than troubling that we have to pretend! I prefer to discuss other things, as protecting our 2nd Amendment right should not even be a relevant topic. But it is, and we all know where the vicious attacks are coming from whether or not they're named. I'm not trying to be difficult. But, somehow, I am supposed to not call a shovel a shovel!

Gentlemen,
Gun-grabbers are not idiots, although they look/act like ones.
They know what they do. Their final goal is to disarm Americans and to insure modern slavery.

'What the hell you gonna do, shoot me?: Arkansas lawmaker blasts 'stand your ground' bill

Why this Arkansas State Senator opposes Stand Your Ground laws.

The "Stand-Your-Ground" (SYG) bill that had been under consideration by the Arkansas legislature has died in a state senate committee on a 4-3 vote. Arkansas thus remains one of the minority of 13 states that imposes a legal duty to retreat before one may act in self-defense, the so-called 'Duty-to-Retreat" states. That bill, SB484 is embedded at the bottom of this post.

It's worth noting exactly what the failure to adopt SYG means, in a practical sense. It means that even if :

(1) You are an entirely innocent victim of an attack; AND

(2) The threat against you is happening right now; AND

(3) The threat against you is likely to kill or maim you; AND

(4) Your conduct in self-defense is in all respects reasonable;

… even if all that is uncontestably true, the state of Arkansas nevertheless reserves the right to put you in jail for the rest of your life if a prosecutor can convince a jury, with perfect 20-20 hindsight and while under the protection of armed bailiffs in a secure courtroom, that instead of reasonably defending yourself against that unlawful, imminent, deadly force attack you should while under attack have identified and taken advantage of a purportedly safe avenue of retreat.

'What the hell you gonna do, shoot me?: Arkansas lawmaker blasts 'stand your ground' bill

Why this Arkansas State Senator opposes Stand Your Ground laws.

The "Stand-Your-Ground" (SYG) bill that had been under consideration by the Arkansas legislature has died in a state senate committee on a 4-3 vote. Arkansas thus remains one of the minority of 13 states that imposes a legal duty to retreat before one may act in self-defense, the so-called 'Duty-to-Retreat" states. That bill, SB484 is embedded at the bottom of this post.

It's worth noting exactly what the failure to adopt SYG means, in a practical sense. It means that even if :

(1) You are an entirely innocent victim of an attack; AND

(2) The threat against you is happening right now; AND

(3) The threat against you is likely to kill or maim you; AND

(4) Your conduct in self-defense is in all respects reasonable;

… even if all that is uncontestably true, the state of Arkansas nevertheless reserves the right to put you in jail for the rest of your life if a prosecutor can convince a jury, with perfect 20-20 hindsight and while under the protection of armed bailiffs in a secure courtroom, that instead of reasonably defending yourself against that unlawful, imminent, deadly force attack you should while under attack have identified and taken advantage of a purportedly safe avenue of retreat.

What a loon. This law helps to protect all people regardless of race. She's a professional victim (race and/or gender). I'd like to see her rant at a grocery store when the cashier tells he she has an expired coupon. Bet it's not much different, and I'm pretty sure if she was white they would have let her use it anyway,,,

Quick semi related question... why are La Raza (The Race - inside the race everything, outside the race nothing), Voto Latino, and NAACP not racist when a groups called White Pride, Vote White, or White Advancement are racist? I don't endorse or advocate ANY groups or laws that advance one race (or any other group) over another. Let's please just treat each other like brothers, sisters, and cousins and get over it.

The fact that such groups are allowed to act in the mainstream without questions (even saw them pushed and endorsed on"Meet the Press" yesterday) tells me we live in dangerous times and some of the primary tools of divisiveness and polarization are being used to divide us. Conquering follows Division just like Confiscations follows Registration.

See the higher game at play and think before you make your move.

I can refrain from labels, but labels do not signify division. This country is already divided and political correctness (lying) doesn't change it. It's more than troubling that we have to pretend! I prefer to discuss other things, as protecting our 2nd Amendment right should not even be a relevant topic. But it is, and we all know where the vicious attacks are coming from whether or not they're named. I'm not trying to be difficult. But, somehow, I am supposed to not call a shovel a shovel!
Just ask yourself who are we fighting against? Anti-2A/Anti-Gunners in my mind. We have folks on both sides of the isle that are anti-2A. We have folks on both sides of the isle fighting to protect the 2A, so painting with a large brush (Generalized Labels) on either side only reduces our tent, causes division and only beats the drum of tribalism and emboldens disunity...the opposite of what we're striving for here.

The police are making requests that any young child would understand and be able to follow, but these adults can't follow simple instructions. So, a certain ideology likes to pass the blame off on our police officers! Our so-called society is really confused--wrong is right and right is wrong. Chester that!!!
I am at a loss. This is not rocket science. Argue in court not when the cop tells you to put down the gun.

Just ask yourself who are we fighting against? Anti-2A/Anti-Gunners in my mind. We have folks on both sides of the isle that are anti-2A. We have folks on both sides of the isle fighting to protect the 2A, so painting with a large brush (Generalized Labels) on either side only reduces our tent, causes division and only beats the drum of tribalism and emboldens disunity...the opposite of what we're striving for here.
So, this thread is not long, but two reminders are already posted about keeping the conversation civil. I am not seeing anything objectionable, or did I miss something? Was a post deleted or edited? The news regularly uses terms such as left, right, liberal, or conservative merely to recognize there are identifiable sides to the debate. Are these terms acceptable on this forum, or are they somehow considered judgmental? It would be helpful to everyone to know if it is derogatory terms that the forum is opposing or is it anything political at all? Most of us see the divide in this country, and the problem is we are seemingly told to ignore it or not talk about it. Sir Edmund Burke said, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." Incidentally, the great divide occurred after 9/11, and it has intensified into an all-out war! I have not cast any blame upon the perpetrators, but everyone knows the true enemy. So, is this site opposed to discussing real issues or name-calling? Since you have a dedicated political, gun-related, section, I am assuming it is the latter. Could you please clarify?

The news regularly uses terms such as left, right, liberal, or conservative merely to recognize there are identifiable sides to the debate. Are these terms acceptable on this forum, or are they somehow considered judgmental?
True, but we at NWFA we focus the discussion towards anti 2A/Anti-gunner only. I was attempting to answer your question and in no way "pile on" so I apologize if that's the way you took it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top