JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Solidarity" unto what exactly? Where the hell is the "solidarity" from the "government employee" when "average" peoples' medical insurance rates to up because of ObamaCare, or when the GSA, NSA, and IRS are caught red handed abusing their power, authority, and resources? Where's the "solidarity" when baseline budgeting INCREASES government spending @ more than DOUBLE the rate of inflation @ the tax payers' expense?

As for the off ramps, I could make up to $500 a day TAX FREE doing that... that is if I didn't have any self-respect for myself, and didn't mind defrauding those who give the money with those pathetic "god bless" signs they all hold up these days.

LOL... That's usually what a women says when they know they're wrong and have nothing logical to refute with.

FWIW, I've never earned a penny that was not from the private sector, have been self-employed for over thirty years. I've also gone to jail and spent long hours organizing politically against many of the abuses of government power. That said, I learned from my Grandpa that people who work for a wage or a salary, or exchange labor - physical and mental- for a living need to stand together. We need to 'hang together or we'll surely all hang separately' as Ben Franklin put it.
'Course, if you can make 500.00 per day tax free on a freeway entrance, you're all set, no worries, right?

WOW! What a small military you want. 85% huh? Well, we could maybe fight off Uruguay?

Military was not mentioned, so cut the alinsky crap.
Cut 85% of all non military gov jobs.
Have to clarify for the brainless .
Ok clarified. Go get your hook and try again..

That said, I learned from my Grandpa that people who work for a wage or a salary, or exchange labor - physical and mental- for a living need to stand together. We need to 'hang together or we'll surely all hang separately' as Ben Franklin put it.
'Course, if you can make 500.00 per day tax free on a freeway entrance, you're all set, no worries, right?

Again that sounds good and all, but "stand together" based on what, the mere fact almost all of us work for a living? What stake do I have in the poor furloughed government worker that gets paid off the graft CONFISCATED from my paycheck (about $500 a week, BTW) knowing FULL WELL they're going to (and did) get their back pay while off work.

Where was the government worker coming to my defense and "standing united" with me when I was laid-off and had a mortgage and six kids to feed? Where where the signs in the windows offer ME free drinks and meals at restaurants and such?

I'm not knockin' ya, but what you "speaketh of" is generalities that sound good on the surface, but fail to get specific and solve any problems... It comes off as just another friggin' empty slogan to me. Just sayin'.

I know of a Marine while on his "off time" who would go hold a sign at the off ramps and clear $500 a day doing it. I have some hard earned "mad skills" that keep me gainfully employed, but then again I take pride in the conduct of my life and don't figure I'm ENTITLED to a damned thing except to that which I earn.

In reality it is.
They should eliminate about 85% of gov jobs. Most of what they do (dont do), the private sector could do better and cheaper.

Exactly!! The Postal Service could be eliminated and private industry would step in to fill the void, BLM could be replaced with a few hundred field offices getting rid of the bureau in it's entirety, IRS could be done away with by instituting a flat tax and getting rid of the Affordable Care Act, The Department of Transportation could be replaced by private sector employees throughout the FAA and allowing the market to dictate automobile and aircraft safety, the Department of Agriculture could be totally eliminated (name one food producer that is willing to cut safety measures at the risk of no one buying their products, ever).

Businesses today have the ability to pass the buck to the government on the responsibility for producing safe products. That is part of the responsibility of manufacturers and producers, not the government. Imposing restrictions and mandates just makes things cost more.

Again that sounds good and all, but "stand together" based on what, the mere fact almost all of us work for a living? What stake do I have in the poor furloughed government worker that gets paid off the graft CONFISCATED from my paycheck (about $500 a week, BTW) knowing FULL WELL they're going to (and did) get their back pay while off work.

Where was the government worker coming to my defense and "standing united" with me when I was laid-off and had a mortgage and six kids to feed? Where where the signs in the windows offer ME free drinks and meals at restaurants and such?

I'm not knockin' ya, but what you "speaketh of" is generalities that sound good on the surface, but fail to get specific and solve any problems... It comes off as just another friggin' empty slogan to me. Just sayin'.

I know of a Marine while on his "off time" who would go hold a sign at the off ramps and clear $500 a day doing it. I have some hard earned "mad skills" that keep me gainfully employed, but then again I take pride in the conduct of my life and don't figure I'm ENTITLED to a damned thing except to that which I earn.

I get what you're saying, and despite my glib b.s., i don't have any easy answers. I've been in those same places, no income, mortgage due, without any concern from folks around me who were all comfy with their steady jobs. I think, repeat, think, sometimes it's the strong people who have to take the first steps.
Before the 'money economy' there was the 'gift economy', which is still around. If you make a gift to someone, even an undeserving person, they are in your debt (watch the Godfather, for an extreme example). So the gift of solidarity with some federal employees, or laid off contractors, etc, might pay off in the future, as long as they are aware of the support they got. Who knows? I'm pretty sure that the game we are all encouraged to play - musical chairs, when the music stops there's one less place at the table - ain't working.

Businesses today have the ability to pass the buck to the government on the responsibility for producing safe products. That is part of the responsibility of manufacturers and producers, not the government. Imposing restrictions and mandates just makes things cost more.

Could you explain this again, please? I am not following the first couple sentences.

When I saw people begging for money , I used to tell them "get a job you lazy bum" but since NAFTA up to and including obama, there are almost no jobs. Now I donate food to the local Food Bank every month.

And these gov assclowns get a raise as an earmark from the debt deal starting Jan 1. Wheres the Jobs? Gdp growth?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top