JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
turn it 90 degrees?
IIRC all the yugo's have the grenade launcher muzzle?

Agreed. Turn it so the "U" is horizontal, not vertical. Then you can adjust it. Same with AKs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpzZStykFj8&feature=related

Post a pic of your rifle from the side and/or any receiver markings. That would identify it.

So ultimately the answer to your question of "what's wrong with this picture" is "you're doing it wrong".

lol

I had the same problem when I bought one for my SKS. It took me a few tries to figure out that I needed to rotate it ninety degrees. It's a little counter-intuitive because you'd expect a sight adjustment tool to leave the sight open and fully visible. It'll work though.

I tried that and it blocks the pin on the opposite side. The guy wants me to file down the tool so that it fits in there. Why should I have to fix something I bought for a specific item? Are the norincos based off a yugo?

Um, no I am not doing it wrong, but thanks for that comment, how about you look at this picture? As I stated, it blocks the pin from moving on that side. Now, can anyone else give me an idea as to why it will not work? Is the pin itself not made correctly in the sight?

It will not work from the top, or rotating it 90 degrees.

View attachment 190952

The adjustment tool is OK and he delivered what you ordered. Your front sight is WIERD. The "sight drum" is placed too high in the sight body. It must be an out of spec batch for some reason. As the guy suggested, you could file the hole bigger inside where the "drum" fits. You could also use a hammer and a big brass punch to gently rap the drum sideways......................elsullo

The adjustment tool is OK and he delivered what you ordered. Your front sight is WIERD. The "sight drum" is placed too high in the sight body. It must be an out of spec batch for some reason. As the guy suggested, you could file the hole bigger inside where the "drum" fits. You could also use a hammer and a big brass punch to gently rap the drum sideways......................elsullo

I think you are correct, and that is what he suggested was making the top of the sight tool bigger and sit it like the first pic I posted. I guess for $10, you get what you pay for.

I think you are correct, and that is what he suggested was making the top of the sight tool bigger and sit it like the first pic I posted. I guess for $10, you get what you pay for.

No, that will NOT help. Enlarging the "C clamp" will not stabilize the drum hole. The clamp should lie ninety degrees from the sight, with the drum hole around the drum closely and the inside of the clamp tight on the sight. The screw is only effective if the opposite inside of the clamp is against the sight. Just open up the hole a bit with a small round file. A chainsaw sharpening file would work great............................elsullo

This is what it should look like:
0.jpg

I would bevel the top, inside of the "c" to allow the tool to ride up a little higher on the front sight while still staying square.
$10? Not like you are out a bunch of bread, especially if it's an easy fix.
The front sight tool I bought had the pusher not centered in the screw. Wasn't perfect, but I only needed to use it once!

Well I tried to file it with a dremel and it turned out like the bride of frankenstein. I was finally able to center the pin, but the sight tool is pretty much toast. not sure why mine does not have the edged rounded already or if my rifle is FUBAR, but this was frustrating for sure.

Well I tried to file it with a dremel and it turned out like the bride of frankenstein. I was finally able to center the pin, but the sight is pretty much toast. not sure why mine does not have the edged rounded already or if my rifle is FUBAR, but this was frustrating for sure.

Post pics.

You really should not work on guns. You are dangerous to yourself if you can't follow simple pictures and advice.................................elsullo

Buddy, who the **** do you think you are? I did not work on the gun, nor would I, I worked on a sight tool. I am not a blacksmith nor do I claim to be. You should watch your tounge to people.

Buddy, who the **** do you think you are? I did not work on the gun, nor would I, I worked on a sight tool. I am not a blacksmith nor do I claim to be. You should watch your tounge to people.

Of course, before your post above was edited, it mentioned that the "sight is toast". It has now been edited to read "sight tool is toast".

See my quote above.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top