JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well golly, I just figured it's because we like to talk guns and stuff and just don't get bored with the subject matter. Other part is just chatting with some fine gun folks. I can't chat face to face very often with gun folks, I don't have many around me, so I have to come here to do it. Heck, it's no different than sports, cars, work or any other topic we find ourselves talking about over and over and over again. It's just a common interest that brings us together. Plus, I find sometimes talking about the same things more than once, I am led to learn things I've missed in previous discussions - that alone is a great reason.

I tend to ramble on because I know everything.
I think it is only fair that other people benefit from my vast knowledge of all things in the universe.
I even amaze myself quite often. I stare at the mirror for hours at a time.
I'm humble, modest, extremely good looking and collect dead squirrels as a hobby.
Oooops........be right back. Looks like Rocky caught another one. He's a good dog.
If I could only remember where I buried the bodies. Oh well, they'll pop up after the spring thaw.

This is the point where I stop reading posts until the thread reaches 6-7 pages and then I'll check out the last page to see if anything interesting has been said and if not I probably won't be back to the thread - ADD makes repetitive posts agony for me and I'll just gloss over the highlights until I'm not even reading them so I don't bother with it.

Uhh......This is a discussion forum. Therefore we discuss. You can either choose to partake in a discussion, or sit on the side, not read, leave the computer and go thump your dummy for all I care.

Seems ironic that someone comes to a discussion forum and starts a topic about the absurdity of discussing things on a discussion forum. o_O How many of you got to a party/gathering of friends/family or a group of people that have similar interests and just sit in the corner?

Better stop before I'm acused of.....
Need for relevance?
Need for attention?
Plain ol' Diarrhea of the Keyboard?

I was planning to join the "Procrastinators Forum" ....
...someday, when I get around to it!

Then I tried the "Don't Comment Forum"...
...but I got bored.:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
A forum has a life cycle. When it gets started everyone is excited and there are lots of interesting topics to discuss. Folks tend to be cordial. After a while things slow down and people yearn for the early days when it was more fun.

Newbies ask questions that have already been discussed to death and people start replying with things like "Do a search" or "Google is your friend". The old timers feel a sense ownership and start complaining about things people post.

Due to the lack of substance, the really knowlegeable folks start looking elsewhere and the forum gets overrun by goofballs.

In 20 plus years participating in forums I have seen it over an over.

A forum has a life cycle. When it gets started everyone is excited and there are lots of interesting topics to discuss. Folks tend to be cordial. After a while things slow down and people yearn for the early days when it was more fun.

Newbies ask questions that have already been discussed to death and people start replying with things like "Do a search" or "Google is your friend". The old timers feel a sense ownership and start complaining about things people post.

Due to the lack of substance, the really knowlegeable folks start looking elsewhere and the forum gets overrun by goofballs.

In 20 plus years participating in forums I have seen it over an over.

Are you telling me that I will come to know everything about fire arms, not want to help people new to firearms, and in general, get bored with my firearms and lose the desire to play with them? Nah.

And actually I REALLY DO OWN a little piece of NWFA! :D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR