JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I finished my first 80 percent lower last month and decided to purchase a complete upper in 7.62x39. Having only a few hundred dollars to kick around, I gambled and went with A Bear Creek Arsenal complete upper, Took it to the range yesterday and.... FTE, three in a row. The case was stuck in the chamber and quite difficult to eject from the chamber. Using Tulammo and CPD magazine.

Found these linear marks on the casings as seen in the photo
15C71098-D25E-4225-A810-C2227462B5D4.jpeg
Tried to snap a pic of the chamber as well but I think I see some flashing on some of the barrel lugs, possible causing the scrapes on the casing but I don't understand why the case would lodge itself inside the chamber after firing.
807F8C97-43C1-496B-9152-E644FA3A14FC.jpeg
I contacted the warranty Department at BCA and anticipate hearing from them soon.

Just for my own curiosity, anyone know what might be going on?

There's a lot of gunk in your chamber pic, so cannot determine if anything is the matter.
I've encountered that same issue with a BCA 6.5 Grendel barrel. Left deep gouges on the brass, but extraction was not an issue. Sounds like yours is worse.
Borrow a fiber optic USB camera and take pics of the chamber. Contact BCA customer service too. Chances are they'll swap out the upper right away. Due to Christmas, my barrel replacement took 60 days, and they wound up sending me a better version.
[edit to add] Their customer service is very responsive.

BCA contacted me this morning and authorized the return, they are gonna look it over for repair or replacement. Wonder if they can figure it out. I suspect something is out of spec in the chamber.

BCA contacted me this morning and authorized the return, they are gonna look it over for repair or replacement. Wonder if they can figure it out. I suspect something is out of spec in the chamber.
Their barrel supplier has QA/QC issues. I would have hoped they figured it out by now...
When I received my replacement, first thing I did was inspect the chamber. It was polished. The prior barrel looked like it had been cut too fast with a dull reamer.

The steel casings are getting "scored" just a smidgen, and the burs that are furrowed along the edges of the scoring act like "mini-hooks" and will grip the chamber walls causing excess friction. This wouldn't be as much of an issue (although can be) with brass cases as it would be softer than steel.

A good polishing of the chamber and a slight softening of the sharp edges of the lugs will most likely fix it right up. ;)

I will never own or buy anything from BCA!

Sorry, I know that doesn't help you none.:rolleyes: Truly hope they get it fixed for you!:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews