JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
colonel klink.png

Sondland pic.jpg

Coincidence? You be the judge...:s0073:

In Hogan's Heros there were conditions on the scripts
1. Salt was used, so it was always winter on the set. They may have been filming in 100 California heat.
2. The Nazi's were all played by Jews. ""Who can play Nazis better than us Jews?" "
3. Klink and Schutlz had German awards, ribbons, indicating they were heros.
4. They could never let the Germans win any scenario. "Klemperer remarked, "I had one qualification when I took the job: if they ever wrote a segment whereby Colonel Klink would come out the hero, I would leave the show. "

What ever happened to shows like that ?
Just entertainment, no political axes to grind.
If someone tried producing a show set in that era now, it would be cancelled in a week. We are left to viewing agenda driven "Brainwash TV" or hitting the delete button...hell, I rarely use my remote anymore. I knew it was a good idea to save all those VHS cassettes .

BTW...Hogan trivia...

"Labeau" actually was a WWII pow in Germany.
"Schultz" always carried a Springfield 1898 Krag.

Last Edited:
BTW...Hogan trivia...

"Labeau" actually was a WWII pow in Germany.
Not quite...

In 1942, because he was Jewish, he was deported to the Nazi concentration camp at Ottmuth, in Upper Silesia (now Poland). He was tattooed with the identification "A5714" on his left forearm. He was later sent to Buchenwald concentration camp.

Clary was liberated from Buchenwald on April 11, 1945. Twelve other members of his immediate family were sent to Auschwitz concentration camp; Clary was the only survivor. When he returned to Paris after World War II, he learned that three of his 13 siblings had not been taken away and had survived the Nazi occupation of France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Clary

Yikes...talk about being worse than a pow...sorta.
Not quite...

In 1942, because he was Jewish, he was deported to the Nazi concentration camp at Ottmuth, in Upper Silesia (now Poland). He was tattooed with the identification "A5714" on his left forearm. He was later sent to Buchenwald concentration camp.

Clary was liberated from Buchenwald on April 11, 1945. Twelve other members of his immediate family were sent to Auschwitz concentration camp; Clary was the only survivor. When he returned to Paris after World War II, he learned that three of his 13 siblings had not been taken away and had survived the Nazi occupation of France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Clary

That's not funny. In real life Klink and Schultz were smart, sharp, funny, sweet and coherent people. Heck, even as actors they weren't dangerous.
Their characters were bumbling idiots who worked for one of the evilest centers of power ever to emerge in the history of Mankind. But yes, the actors were apparently pretty chill. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top